1983 Eighty-Eight Dash Pad

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2014, 06:58 AM

1983 Eighty-Eight Dash Pad

My friend needs to replace the burgundy/red dash pad in his '83 Eighty-Eight. Any color available will be considered.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:06 PM

Any pad 77-85 will fit.

While looking for the pad, check the plastic behind and under the dash... If the top is toast, there's a good chance the rest is toast... Been there, done that...
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by fdwheelman
Any pad 77-85 will fit.

While looking for the pad, check the plastic behind and under the dash... If the top is toast, there's a good chance the rest is toast... Been there, done that...

Thank you for the information, I'll pass it on to my friend. I'm sure he'll appreciated it. Your '78 Eighty-Eight looks fantastic. Does it have the Oldsmobile 350, or the unfortunate Chevy 305 that GM was installing in some? My neighbor had the same year coupe with the FE-2 suspension, anti-spin rear axle, and split bench seat. After he installed a dual exhaust system and wider tires, it surprisingly had decent acceleration and handled really well.

Anthony
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:12 AM

It's all Olds... A 350 is in there now, a 403 is in the works.

I don't have the FE2 suspension. I have surpassed what would have been an FE2. I have a cross breed junk yard special. It's got a little 9C1 cop car, a little bit of bigger here, stiffer there... It doesn't handle like a battleship anymore..

It is dualed. With H-Pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. Sounds like an inboard motor boat...

The tires? 235/60R15's on all fours.

Since it's a Holiday, I sit on buckets and shift through a 79 Hurst/Olds Dual-Gate.

Rear is in the works as well, farming locally for a disc rear posi... hehehehe

I can say it's had a few bolts and nuts tweaked and turned.

And Thanks. It looks great because of the camera and light angles...
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:25 PM

A very impressive Eighty-Eight, both mechanically and visually. The 403 should really help with the power, with an anti-slip rear axle helping to keep it on the ground. Did not realize that the Holiday coupe came with bucket seats and console. The '77 to '85 Eighty-Eight and Ninety-Eight's were the last of the best.
Old February 4th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by anthonyP
A very impressive Eighty-Eight, both mechanically and visually. The 403 should really help with the power, with an anti-slip rear axle helping to keep it on the ground. Did not realize that the Holiday coupe came with bucket seats and console. The '77 to '85 Eighty-Eight and Ninety-Eight's were the last of the best.
I hadn't heard about one until I saw one. Then I bought it a few months later. And to top it off, now it's got a 79 H/O Dual-Gate in there.
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:03 PM

You have a very unique Oldsmobile, and I think those year Eighty-Eights will start to become more desirable as their performance and handling capabilities are known, and their non-comparable roomy interior and trunk.