1962 Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM

1962 Bumpers

I'm looking for a rear bumper that is driver quality . Also anybody know where I can new seat covers for a Starfire? Any leads would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:59 PM

I have a 62 as well that needs the seats recovered. I know SMS auto fabrics has the correct material. But, from what I was told, you will have to have new covers custom made using your old originals as a pattern. I also heard that it isn't cheap , compared to the pre made seat covers that you can find for a variety of other cars.
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:22 AM

Yeah Viper, I've bought from them before and they have nice stuff. I just got material for my sons 63 Grand Prix from them and it was nice. I wanted to get a piece for a 63 Bel Air that I was trying to patch in. The metallic blue color was not a good match with old to new ratio. I spent a $1000 on material and labor doing the the front and back seat when I could have bought the covers from CARS for $550 . But my car looked right. The Starfire I'm doing for my other son has the stock seats that were recovered with a vinyl from a 70s looking diner booth material and a valour that looks purple now. But the patterns look like the stock style. Just thought I'd check and see what else is out there.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM

I don't blame you. For now I have to focus on getting the car on the road (have some over heating problems and what not). Eventually I would love to get the interior redone. I think I will have to throw some cheap seat covers over the seats. It isn't really the seat material that is going bad, it is the sticking that is holding it all together. I think I only have one real cut in the leather. The rest is the stitching giving way from the years of rear ends sliding in and out of the car lol.

I like the 63 and 65 Pontiacs myself. Before I got the Starfire, I was looking at either a 63 or 65 Bonnie of GP. Cool cars for sure
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty Doug
I'm looking for a rear bumper that is driver quality . Also anybody know where I can new seat covers for a Starfire? Any leads would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!
I have an extra rear bumper for a 62 starfire. Its in pretty good shape.
No rust, but you may want to re-chrome. Let me know if you're
interested