1956 Starfire

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2022, 09:40 PM
56 starfire

1956 Starfire

This 56 starfire is my largest car projects to date, i need a few parts to get me motivated. I am in the collecting parts mode, and I am finding some parts but the one i can not find is the driver side kick panel and the trim that mounts to it. Any leads would be great.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 09:45 PM
Banned

Sorry but no pictures? Visual world. 56 Starfire with no pictures? ....🤪
Old August 4th, 2022, 07:10 AM

Doubtful if you will find a new repop, but if you look for a used part, keep in mind it doesn't need to be a Starfire part only. I don't have a Hollander interchange, but most all body parts from the B pillar forward are the same on all that year models 88, super 88, and Starfires.

You might think about making some out of heavy cardboard as a last resort, that seems doable....Tedd
Old August 4th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Frank Ignachuck

Welcome! As No1oldsfan noted above, we don't believe you actually have a '56 Starfire until we see some pictures.

As for the kick panels, there are two options:

1. Google is your friend and they are for sale out there.

2. Option 2 would be what Tedd noted above= make your own. Very easy. Just buy the matching vinyl and some spray adhesive and off you go. If you don't have the template for the kick panels, PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you a paper tracing of the one I've used for mine.

Last edited by ignachuck; August 4th, 2022 at 03:20 PM.
Old August 4th, 2022, 05:20 PM
56 starfire

OK,OK here are some photos, I have only pulled the plugs, put in a battery, and cranked the motor to make sure it would turn. I have a working horn, some dash lights, the power ant. went down, interior lights, power on coil, So I will take that as a good sign.

I did buy a drivers side door the was listed on eBay when I bought this car, (that was lucky) it was a 2 door HT door from a show car that had a fire so there was some bad parts like wing window melted, glass burned, but the steel was still good, I have welded up the belt line side molding holes and need to make new holes for the correct door trim. most of the innerners from the door I took off rar good. I just am not sure how to put the door window in correctly.

Here is the driver side kick panel trim I am looking for...

I have this one, this is the passenger side

This is the side I need, this photo is copied from an online photo,

Last edited by Mpls-Denny; August 4th, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old August 4th, 2022, 05:32 PM
56 starfire

I have had no good luck finding this trim, I was talking to a machinist at work, He wants me to bring in the passenger side trim so he can draw it up in auto cad, mirror it then 3D print one in a Chrome like material, (He said it looks more like aluminum),
Old August 4th, 2022, 06:44 PM

3D print a pair to match. Measure the aft end of the Rocket on the hood......there might be an LED that could added to look like an afterburner......when the headlights are turned on.
Old August 9th, 2022, 11:25 AM

nice car-would you like me to restore the steering wheel 4 u ???
Old August 10th, 2022, 06:28 AM

Nice project, there was a guy at the NAOC (National Antique Oldsmobile Club) meet in Lansing who had a piece of this side trim for sale. I picked it up and checked it out but didn't buy it as I didn't know what car it fit. If anyone has a picture of the 49 Olds 98 under the tent and a picture of the placard in front of it this was his car.
Steve