Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Finned aluminum 394 Olds valve covers (rare No-name and Edelbrock)

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM

Finned aluminum 394 Olds valve covers (rare No-name and Edelbrock)

Up for sale are some finned aluminum 5-bolt valve covers for the '59-64 394 Olds (also fits '59-60 371). I have both cursive-script Edelbrock covers as well as no-name finned aluminum ones that were made by Holmes (but visually identical to Moon). Both styles are very tough to find. Mine came from much, much hard searching and buyouts of other collections.

Both styles look different from each other, and both look different from the much more common Offenhauser's. Unlike the Offenhauser covers, both the cursive-script Edelbrock covers and the Holmes/Moon no-name covers have probably not been available since the '60's... and DEFINITELY hard to obtain now, in 2012.

This is my own personal collection that is now being let go.

As far as condition goes, I have some with breather holes in the smooth sides, or maybe with small issues with the fins (like a chipped fin), and I also have some covers with no problems at all, only needing to be rebuffed.
Price ranges from $225 to $350 per pair, depending on the style and condition... (hint, a very nice pair would be $350, lesser condition is lesser price on down to $225, etc.)

Add shipping from California.

If interested, then please e-mail me DIRECT at blown394olds@yahoo.com instead of PM'ing me.
Please let me know which of the two styles you'd most be interested in, and also perhaps let me know what price range or condition too, hopefully this will help narrow down the choices and cut down on the back-and-forth e-mail's for every person that inquires. Hopefully, anyway...