Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

62/63 Jetfire Cutlass 215 Alum V8 Stick parts

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2019, 07:02 AM

1962/1963 Jetfire Cutlass 215 Alum V8 Stick parts

For Sale: 1962, 1963 Jetfire Cutlass F85 215 Alum V8 Stick parts

Flywheel $150
Pressure plate, clutch disc. $100
4 speed backup light Assy. $75
4 speed console wire harness $75
NOS Drive shaft center bearing bracket $50

All prices do not include shipping

P3mFud6.jpg

chnqfui.jpg

lJbwdjj.jpg

Last edited by 1k442; May 30th, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old April 5th, 2019, 07:59 AM
1963 F-85 Convertible

Is there anything else needed mechanically to convert an automatic? Other than clutch pedal, console, etc.
Old April 5th, 2019, 08:14 AM

Shifter and trans are sold.

You need the pedals and linkage. Also you need the floor hump and cut the auto hump out. The correct drive shaft, and trans support. Its a lot of changes and finding the parts may take some time. Its well worth the results. The trans in the car was junk new and no other trans fits with out changing the tunnel. If you want more info check out my Jetfire project below. I converted it 40 years ago.Send me a PM and I ill give you my phone number.
Ken

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...purchased.html
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:41 PM

Added more parts. Have many Jetfire parts and 1963 Cutlass parts. Message me if you need anything.
Thanks
Ken
Old May 12th, 2019, 06:45 PM

back to the top
Old May 26th, 2019, 04:51 AM

Sold the bell housing and clutch fork
Make offer on the remaining parts
Thanks
Ken
Old May 27th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1k442
Shifter and trans are sold.

You need the pedals and linkage. Also you need the floor hump and cut the auto hump out. The correct drive shaft, and trans support. Its a lot of changes and finding the parts may take some time. Its well worth the results. The trans in the car was junk new and no other trans fits with out changing the tunnel. If you want more info check out my Jetfire project below. I converted it 40 years ago.Send me a PM and I ill give you my phone number.
Ken

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...purchased.html
How much of the parts required are interchangeable with the 3-speed car?
Old May 27th, 2019, 07:12 PM

OK if you have a 61 or 62 you can not use the bell housing.
If you have a 63 3 speed that bell housing can be used on 4 speed trans. The pedals and linkage are the same for all 3 years.
If you have any other questions ask.
Good luck
Ken
Old May 28th, 2019, 09:56 PM

If you have any other questions ask.
Good luck
Ken
OK, since you encouraged me-

Are there new, or rebuilt clutch discs available? Are there new flywheels and pressure plates available? Is it easy to obtain the T10 with the lower 1st gear? Is the shifter shared with other cars other than the Skylark, F85 and Tempest? The parts below I assume to be unique to the 4 speed F-85-
  • Transmission support and mounts.
  • Tunnel mod.
  • Steering column parts to eliminate the holes and moving parts.
  • Boot/console.
  • Speedometer cable.
  • Drive shaft.
  • Bell Housing.
  • Backup lights switch, bracket and wiring harness.

Is this correct? Am I correct in thinking that the pedal set, linkages, Z bar, Yoke and the throwout bearing are shared with the 3-speed car, thus making the search for parts a little bit easier? Please let me know what I'm missing here.

At this point I am seriously looking for a '62 F-85 convertible and it has to be a manual transmission, preferably a 4 speed. I stupidly let one go by being cautious, now I'm on the hunt. I realize that the overwhelming majority of F-85 convertibles out there are all automatics as that was the preference of the day as it is now. I'm well aware that if I want what I want, I may have to make it my damn self.

I'm just assessing how realistic this goal is.

Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited by Daiv8or; May 28th, 2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Dave
It would be best to give me a call. Send a PM and we can talk.
No other auto trans fits with out a big change to the tunnel!

Most of the parts you ask about are available on this web site. (not cheap)
http://aluminumv8.com/

You are correct about the 3 speed car has all the parts you need. If you get a 63 buick or olds you get the 4 speed bell housing plus all the clutch and linkage.
The 4 speed drive shaft is the shortest so you can have your shortened. This car you see I am working on I first bolted the trans to the auto cross member before I found the correct one.
The 4 speed bell housing bolts to t10, M20, T-5, all the transmissions. Shifter is the same on them all. You have to cut the floor out to get the T10 in. If you look at my project you will see what needs to be done. D&D made a fiberglass floor that you can bolt in or glue.

If you convert a floor shift auto car no need to change the column. The pedals are easy just take out the auto and bolt in the 4 speed set. There is knock out in the fire wall for the clutch rod. There are two hole in the frame for the bell crank bracket. All 215 blocks are drilled and tapped for the ball on the other end of the bell crank. All crank shafts are drilled for the pilot bushing.

Just a point of interest I did this car 40 years ago. Never had done anything like it before. Just went for it. A bunch of mixed up tools, no clue and a small sears electric saw. We bolted in the hump the first time welded it in the second. The feels the same. Take time to send you phone number. Its a big project but if you take your time is worth the effort.
Old June 9th, 2019, 08:57 AM

Also don't forget the special Brkt and bolts the the Z bar pivots on from the frame.I
i had 62 some time ago that was a 3 speed an change to 4 speed. Bolted in, shorten the driveshaft and down the road it went.

Gene
Old June 9th, 2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 64Rocket
Also don't forget the special Brkt and bolts the the Z bar pivots on from the frame.I
i had 62 some time ago that was a 3 speed an change to 4 speed. Bolted in, shorten the driveshaft and down the road it went.

Gene
Are you saying that in your case with your '62 that the bracket that holds the Z bar to the frame was different between the 3 speed and 4 speed? It was my understanding that all the 3 speed clutch pedals and linkages worked on the 4 speed as well.
Old June 9th, 2019, 12:59 PM

No just saying when you convert from auto to stick shift, the pivot that mounts to the frame. The bolts go through the frame and hold the pivot point on. Only if you are converting.
if you have 3 speed all is there.

Gene
Old June 9th, 2019, 08:25 PM

No just saying when you convert from auto to stick shift, the pivot that mounts to the frame. The bolts go through the frame and hold the pivot point on. Only if you are converting.
if you have 3 speed all is there.

Gene
OK. Cool. Thanks!
Old December 21st, 2022, 07:23 AM
C17Combatvet

63’ Buick Special- 3spd Auto convert to 4-5 speed manual

Gene
Hey, I’m converting a 63’ Buick Speculiar 3spd auto to a manual. What all do I need for conversion? Is ur 62’ the same as a 63’ special? Thx!!
Old December 21st, 2022, 07:26 AM
C17Combatvet

63’ Buick Special trans conversion

Dave
It would be best to give me a call. Send a PM and we can talk.
No other auto trans fits with out a big change to the tunnel!

Most of the parts you ask about are available on this web site. (not cheap)
http://aluminumv8.com/

You are correct about the 3 speed car has all the parts you need. If you get a 63 buick or olds you get the 4 speed bell housing plus all the clutch and linkage.
The 4 speed drive shaft is the shortest so you can have your shortened. This car you see I am working on I first bolted the trans to the auto cross member before I found the correct one.
The 4 speed bell housing bolts to t10, M20, T-5, all the transmissions. Shifter is the same on them all. You have to cut the floor out to get the T10 in. If you look at my project you will see what needs to be done. D&D made a fiberglass floor that you can bolt in or glue.

If you convert a floor shift auto car no need to change the column. The pedals are easy just take out the auto and bolt in the 4 speed set. There is knock out in the fire wall for the clutch rod. There are two hole in the frame for the bell crank bracket. All 215 blocks are drilled and tapped for the ball on the other end of the bell crank. All crank shafts are drilled for the pilot bushing.

Just a point of interest I did this car 40 years ago. Never had done anything like it before. Just went for it. A bunch of mixed up tools, no clue and a small sears electric saw. We bolted in the hump the first time welded it in the second. The feels the same. Take time to send you phone number. It’a big project but if you take your time is worth the effort.
Hey, I’m converting my 63’ Buick Special from 3spd auto to manual. I need the bellhousing and clutch linkages? T5 or T10 trans. Do you know anyone that has them for sale? Thank you