Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1969-70 Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2017, 07:45 PM

1969-70 Cruise Control

SOLD. Restored and ready to put to work. Price includes the linkage (bolts onto the intake manifold), adjustable rod, servo (bellows), servo spring, and the mounting bracket that goes onto the driver's side cylinder head. I reconditioned the servo rubber and it holds vacuum beautifully. This rod is for a 4 barrel carburetor but can be adjusted for a 2 barrel set up. New price $295.00 includes safe shipping to Canada or a mainland USA. A very hard to find setup. Al

Last edited by OldsAl; April 30th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old April 29th, 2017, 07:07 AM

Bump.
Old April 29th, 2017, 07:34 PM

pm sent
Old February 18th, 2023, 08:53 AM

Hate to drag up an old thread, sent a PM to Al, but if anybody has any of these components to part with it would help me get this back to original.
Mine had a Dakota cruise unit it in it when I got it.
Old February 18th, 2023, 01:01 PM
Randy C.

Rick,
That set-up is more likely for a '70 rather than a '69, although it would probably work for a '69. I didn't see a transducer in that package - they are also different between '69 and '70 ('69 is a one-year-only deal) although at one time I had a '70 transducer on my '69 4-4-2 and it worked.

Randy C.
Old February 18th, 2023, 10:48 PM

These are getting harder and harder to find. I restored quite a few sets back then but I do not have any of those servos left. I may have the adjustable linkage and bracket for the intake. Bear in mind there were 2 lengths (the 2 barrel rod is longer). These are most often frozen (the threaded 1/4" rod freezes up). If you have one that is frozen soak it for a day or so in evaporust and this will usually free them up. Al
Old February 19th, 2023, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
Rick,
That set-up is more likely for a '70 rather than a '69, although it would probably work for a '69. I didn't see a transducer in that package - they are also different between '69 and '70 ('69 is a one-year-only deal) although at one time I had a '70 transducer on my '69 4-4-2 and it worked.

Randy C.
On the servo, i've only had pictures from shows on cars to see what it looked like and there is one with a ball joint that uses a snap on linkage as shown and one with a hook that mates with a ball chain for adjustment.
But there is a thinner servo I've also seen, kind of in a drafty cave with a flickering candle on this.

I did find the correct transducer and yes its 69 specific with a 90 degree in/out cable although any of the non-resume type transducers will work.
Olds Obsolete led the way on that discovery 1969 Oldsmobile Cruise Control Transducer NOW 6465594 was the number.

Have a guy with an ebay store who rebuilds these I've been talking with who sold me a partial unit that couples the cables for now so I have a speedometer.
The other trick part is the intake mounted linkage, hoping Al or somebody has that.
Old February 19th, 2023, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldsAl
These are getting harder and harder to find. I restored quite a few sets back then but I do not have any of those servos left. I may have the adjustable linkage and bracket for the intake. Bear in mind there were 2 lengths (the 2 barrel rod is longer). These are most often frozen (the threaded 1/4" rod freezes up). If you have one that is frozen soak it for a day or so in evaporust and this will usually free them up. Al
I'd certainly take that linkage if its for a 4 barrel.
Do you know if that servo shown is for a 69?
Ty
Old February 19th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Randy C.

Here is what the servo for the '69 looks like. I still have trouble believing that someone would order a 4-4-2 in the 1960s with cruise control but mine has it. It was a royal pain getting the transducer repaired but I finally found someone who could do it.

Randy C.

'68 4-4-2 convertible (a somewhat bare bones car; awarded Best of Class at the 2011 OCA Nationals in Reno)
'69 4-4-2 convertible (a "has everything" car and a nice driver)

Old February 19th, 2023, 11:44 AM

Great info, thanks.
Not all I gotta do is find it.
Been told this car is pretty well loaded with options.
My car was sold in Hastings Neb where the roads are long and booring.
Had a 69 GTO when I was in Vegas and tell you what, if you can keep your foot on the gas running Death Valley even at night you got my respect.
The road and engine heat will fry your foot on the gas.
I see that is a threaded link rod which I could make if needed, but the intake linkage is a gotta have I believe.
Is there a number on that servo anywhere?
Old February 19th, 2023, 02:16 PM
Randy C.

I didn't see a number on the servo as installed on either side. The assembly manual (product information manual) refers to the servo as the power unit and gives it a part number of 6465644 in manual section 6-1 page 350.

My '69 is loaded with options as well (AM-FM stereo, cruise, A/C, buckets w/console, THM, power windows, power disc brakes, custom sport steering wheel, the somewhat rare SSI wheels for disc brakes, rally pack, etc.). I'd say your car was probably a "brass hat" car at one time - driven by someone high up at the dealership or by a zone manager. Mine was originally purchased by a close relative of the family that owned the dealership (so close their last names were the same) and he told me he and his wife liked it because it had so many options!

I had a somewhat bare bones '70 GTO for 25 years and a very nice '71 Corvette for 38 years. The car stable was getting to the point that it was time to downsize. I kept the two Olds 4-4-2 convertibles, sold the GTO to a niece at a price she couldn't refuse, and sold the Corvette sight-unseen to a guy in Florida through the NCRS Driveline. That simplified things quite a bit!

Randy C.
Old February 20th, 2023, 07:49 AM

I have another 4 barrel adjustment rod and the intake linkage. I also have a 1972 cruise servo that I'm going to restore and sell as a package so unfortunately I can't help you on the rod and linkage. For anyone working on cruise control from 70 and later I have an nos box of many of the hard to find fittings like the vacuum tee's etc. It was part of an nos cruise setup for a later model but many of the hard to find pieces are interchangeable. Send me a pm if anyone is interested and include your cell. i can send pics/price etc...Al
Old May 2nd, 2023, 07:05 PM

Pm sent
Old May 3rd, 2023, 06:29 AM

Long long sold.