Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

SSII 14 x 7 bolt on centers

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM

SSII 14 x 7 bolt on centers **SOLD!**

Just removed these from my car. All are stamped "JJ" and "Made in Canada". Three are stamped "878" and "M5" above a "1" and the other is stamped "887" and "M5" above a "3". They do fit factory front disc brakes. Four beauty rings and bolt on centers included. Two of the caps have new embossed metal decals I purchased from Fusick. $120 for the set of four + shipping.

Prefer Paypal for payment but will also accept cash. Money orders or personal checks must clear before shipment. Send me an email at folwell4@sbcglobal.net or PM me here. First come, first serve.

Thanks,

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SSII wheels.jpg (83.6 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by HouTXCutlass; January 1st, 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: sold the items
Old December 30th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Nice wheels Rob, and with center caps and trim rings. Hopefully someone will scoop them up right away!

What are you putting on your car to replace them with? John
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:39 AM

At that cost, they will go fast! Very nice looking.
Old December 31st, 2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Nice wheels Rob, and with center caps and trim rings. Hopefully someone will scoop them up right away!

What are you putting on your car to replace them with? John
Hey John,
She now has some SSI's that I found and refinished. Look at the wheel and tire section and I posted some pics.
Take it easy,
Rob
Old December 31st, 2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
At that cost, they will go fast! Very nice looking.
Yeah, I considered the shipping per wheel also as it will probably be close to the cost I'm selling each wheel. Hopefully not, but I think it's the weight is where the cost comes in. And cold steel ain't light!
Thanks,
Rob
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:03 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

That is a great price especially considering the condition they are in.
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:32 AM

Rob, you may already have the boxes and a plan, but if not. I've shipped a number of wheels and the two methods I found that work the best are using either a computer box placing two wheels per box with a layer of cardboard or styrefoam betwen the wheels. Or raid the recycle bin at the local tire store and get actual wheel boxes. Then with the stretch plastic wrap secure two wheel boxes together to make two packages that will weigh in between 50 and 60 pounds. Its a little harder to make the wheel boxes work these days as most are for 18 or 20 inch wheels. But some styrefoam or cardboard packaging from an appliance store recycle bin or dumpster will help center the wheels and keep them from moving during transport.

Yeah, when I can get packaging materials by dumpster diving that brings down the cost of shipping parts.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:59 PM

Rob, you may already have the boxes and a plan, but if not. I've shipped a number of wheels and the two methods I found that work the best are using either a computer box placing two wheels per box with a layer of cardboard or styrefoam betwen the wheels. Or raid the recycle bin at the local tire store and get actual wheel boxes. Then with the stretch plastic wrap secure two wheel boxes together to make two packages that will weigh in between 50 and 60 pounds. Its a little harder to make the wheel boxes work these days as most are for 18 or 20 inch wheels. But some styrefoam or cardboard packaging from an appliance store recycle bin or dumpster will help center the wheels and keep them from moving during transport.

Yeah, when I can get packaging materials by dumpster diving that brings down the cost of shipping parts.
Yeah, I took one wheel to the UPS store and it was over $40 for one wheel! But they said if 2 were packed together, it was about $65. The post office online calculator seemed a bit cheaper in the mid $40 range for a box with two wheels at 55 lbs. I never would have thought they would cost that much. I don't mind dumpster diving to save a buck either! Thanks for the info John, it will come in handy.
Rob
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:28 PM

Rob, in my part of the country I find FedEx ground is almost always cheaper than UPS or USPS. For small things or large but lightweight packages USPS is cheaper but something like your wheels I'd bet FedEx is best. The online site for checking prices is:

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home...ack+Rates+Corp

John
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM

And it is the best for the enviroment, too - reuse is always better than recycle!
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:53 AM

Smile

I got one wheel mailed to me USPS parcel post about 3 or 4 years ago. It was like 9 bucks from Michigan to Chicago. Don't know what it would have been longer distance though. Only problem is the parcel post is slowwwwwwwww.
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM

These are sold! Thanks for all the suggestions and comments guys!
Rob
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:47 PM

Rob, in my part of the country I find FedEx ground is almost always cheaper than UPS or USPS. For small things or large but lightweight packages USPS is cheaper but something like your wheels I'd bet FedEx is best. The online site for checking prices is:

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home...ack+Rates+Corp

John
Yes John, FedEx does seem a little cheaper in the mid $40 range for two wheels boxed. Many thanks again!
Rob
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM

Cool! Glad you were able to sell your extra parts and hopefully we'll see them on another member of CO's car! John
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM

Cool! Glad you were able to sell your extra parts and hopefully we'll see them on another member of CO's car! John
Yes, they're going to CO member "442" who has a 70 W-30 ragtop. We talked at length today about our cars. Another one of many great folks I've met here on CO and the second one I've actually spoken with.
Rob
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
70' W-30 Convertible

Thanks for the kind words Rob, I definitely enjoyed our conversation today. Thanks also for helping to keep the hobby affordable not only with the very reasonable price but with going the extra mile to find the best shipping option!

Richard.