Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Speedminder/safety sentinel speedos.

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2015 | 05:56 PM

Speedminder/safety sentinel speedos.

All of these have an issue or two so I'm not asking top dollar. All have been partially or fully restored. Starting on the left, the first one is for a '68 with a 2 speed trans. I believe everything works like it should. About the only down side to this one is it is for a 2 speed. It will work with any trans. of course but would only be "correct" for a 2 speed. Like to get $150.00 for it.

Next up is another for a '68 but for a 3 speed trans. The face has some rust staining on it & the buzzer is MIA. I half way restored this one but did not touch the face or reset the odometer but can reset it if need be? Like to get $60.00 for this one.

The third one I think is for a big car but I also think it will work in a Cutlass? It has 2 extra mounting studs on the back of it that I "think" only were found on the big cars?? You might have to remove these studs to use in an A body? I restored it but the buzzer is badly rusted & does not work. It is for floor shifted automatic or manual trans. car. It would look very nice mounted in the car but the buzzer function would not work. Like to get $100.00 for it.

Last is a '70-'72 version for a column shift car. I spent a lot of time redoing this one & had to improvise a bit. The way these were made at the factory dictates that you have to damage/destroy the white needle assembly to change the face. The original face was rusty & ugly so I took a dremel & carefully cut out the center silver area & joined it to a clean face. If I didn't disclose this fact, you would probably never notice it. Everything works on this one but the adjustment **** was fused to the shaft & when I tried to remove it, the shaft snapped off, DOH!
You can still adjust the white needle, just not as easy as before. I'd like to get $125.00 for this one.
All prices plus +/- $12.00 shipping or pick up in Indianapolis. I can (probably) restore your speedos & fuel gauges also.
Thanks,
Scott