Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Running Olds 350/TH350

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2019, 12:13 PM

Running Olds 350/TH350

Engine and transmission run well. It's a stock 1972 engine, with 72 dated block with 7a heads.

The only issue of note was a rear main seal leak that turned into a MAW engine swap project that I had already been working towards anyhow. So... I had the shop pull the Olds 350 and TH350 to complete a 455/TH400 swap. I believe this was rebuilt in the 90s, and is not numbers matching to my car. Block # 32M201334

The engine parts include everything from the intake to the oil pan with the exception of most externals (pulleys, brackets, water pump, alternator, compressor, chrome valve covers). Has a brand new (ran for about 2 hours of run time before the engine was pulled) 2711 Edelbrock intake, and older HEI distributor. Older "Oldsmobile chrome valve covers were reinstalled. The TH350 include the trans and converter. Assumed to be original and stock.

As a side note, I do have a 1850-4 Holly Carb, and a set of good condition ceramic coated hooker headers that can go along with the engine for an additional cost.

I've included a dropbox link to a video file of it at the shop running before being pulled. Sorry for the video quality and belt slip. The shop took this with their phone before pulling and the engine just had new belts installed prior to the rear main leak that had not been set at full tension yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wb96rf6ar...81%29.MOV?dl=0

I've included recent photos of the engine and the car it's coming out of as I'd expect this will be helpful.

This engine and trans is located in Dublin, Ohio ,a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Engine and Trans are on pallets and ready for pick up only. I'm unable to ship.

Asking $650 for the pair.

Last edited by 72oldscutlass442; October 3rd, 2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

If you wanna sell the headers I might be interested in them. Part number ?
Old April 27th, 2020, 08:13 AM

Still for sale?
Old April 29th, 2020, 08:48 AM

Yes - Everything is still available. I had a lot of things come up in the fall that pulled my attention and didn't end up having much time to devote to selling anything. (sorry coppercutlass)
Old April 29th, 2020, 10:10 AM

I'll post the updated status of the parts here before making a new post. Updated photos are posted below via link or available on request. I'm trying to be transparent as possible on this stuff. I'll even post a photo of my 455 being installed so it can hopefully help confirm that my story isn't BS.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h0h61n03y...D2kQzomva?dl=0

Side note - In the fall I had a few inquiries from guys trying to get everything for pennies on the dollar. Please know I'm not interested in low ball offers. I'm not desperate to sell the parts (there was a time this winter I didn't want to part with the numbers matching engine and trans) and while I know desirability of the 350/TH350 is lower I'm aware of the value of these items. Since I had just recently purchased these parts, I am also aware that I'm selling the the engine and trans with a new intake that was nearly $400 and a new Stainless Steel 12-point intake bolt kit. I am not really interested in selling the engine and trans without these parts, but open to talking about it.
  • I do have an engine lift to place the engine into your truck bed or trailer.
  • Due to lack of room, engine and trans are no longer on pallet. Engine is however now on an Allstar Performance stand with wheels. (see photo). Allstar stand can stay with engine if you'd like to buy it.
  • Engine will not include externals (pulleys, brackets, water pump, alternator, compressor, chrome valve covers, filter mount, etc - All were new/restored and were swapped to the 455).
  • The TH350 includes the converter. I do not know the details of the converter. Assumed to be original and stock. TH350 has a chrome oil pan. The trans is filthy, but appears to be quite nice below the grease in areas that I have wiped clean. The tranas shifted very smoothly and with no noises so it appears to be in good condition. I'm assuming it's also stock given the fairly quick and smooth shifts. In all the time I owned the car the engine and trans were never pulled and never attempted to thoroughly clean and I don't have the time to clean it just to sell it.
  • Has new (ran for about 2 hours of run time before the engine was pulled) 2711 Edelbrock intake. Before I installed, the intake was coated with POR High Temp (Aluminum color) to protect from fuel and oil staining.
  • Intake has new ARP-480-1101 Stainless 12 point intake bolt kit. (Paid $33)
  • Below intake it has a new Fel-Pro valley pan gasket (FEL-MS96027) (Paid $18)
  • Intake has new choke block off plate ($25)
  • Has new Mahle (MAH-VS38305R) valve cover gaskets ($18)
  • Older but functional balancer and HEI distributor will stay with engine (currently attached)
  • Older "Oldsmobile chrome valve covers included.
If I can find these parts (I tucked away in my basement crawlspace over winter) I'm happy to send them off with the engine.
  • Flexplate that was on the engine can go with the engine.
  • Starter. Older and possibly original. It did work just fine. I swapped out for a mini starter on the new motor for header clearance and extra torque.

Additional and related parts that are available for an additional cost - Feel free to make a reasonable offer on these parts, especially if you would plan to buy the engine and trans. I'm not keen on shipping the large items, any shipping costs will be relayed and due upfront. I'm not able to estimate shipping costs. I'm not regularly shipping car parts. I've noted what I had just recently paid for these parts.
  • Allstar performance and an engine stand (currently attached to the engine). (paid ~$80)
  • Supercars Unlimited Engine Mount 48-002 (x2) for 350 (Paid $43)
  • Set of 350 Engine to Frame brackets (original).
  • New never installed (but I did paint the housing black) thermostat housing with metal tube towards water pump. Ended up deciding to go with tubeless chrome option.
  • 1850-4 Holly carb (Older style but in good condition). This is the carb on the initial photos when the engine was in the car (summer 2019)
  • Pair of very good condition ceramic coated headers. Headers are Hooker Competition Ceramic Coated Model 3901 (I believe HOK-3901-1HKR). They're slightly dirty and could be polished to nearly new very good still. This car's longest trip at any given time was about 30-45 minutes, so the headers were never heated for long periods of time since they were installed. These headers fit great and cleared everything. If you have a stock Olds cutlass 70-72 these should be plug and play. (They're currently $577 new).
  • New Fel-Pro collector gasket set (2 1/2 collector diameter)
  • Good condition 3 core factory style radiator, it's reproduction and was installed a few years back. Upgraded to aluminum for peace of mind on the AC/455 setup.
  • New in box, Fel-Pro timing cover gaskets for 350/455. Engine shop didn't use mine...(Paid $14)
  • New in box, Milodon 30765 stock replacement oil pan. I was planning to swap on the 350 when replacing the rear main seal before I decided to completely swap the motor. (Paid $193)
  • New in box, Milodon 40800 oil pan gasket. (Paid $20)
  • New in box, Melling 22-FHVS Oil pickup screen. (Paid $27)
  • New in bag, Fel-Pro (FEL-BS6141) rear main seal/gasket (Paid $12)
  • New 350/455 Head Bolt Kit from ARP. Number 180-3600. Ended up using stud kit on the 455.
  • Stock style power steering box. Used but re manufactured and in good condition.

Last edited by 72oldscutlass442; April 29th, 2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Adding Info