Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Original Power Brake Booster Mstr Cylinder Line Clip Setup - restored

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2019, 08:54 PM

Original Power Brake Booster Mstr Cylinder Line Clip Setup - restored

EDIT: SOLD - thanks

A nice clean and restored clip/clamp setup for '70-72 Abody's that use a power brake booster. This clamp holds the two steel brake lines that run down to the frame rail from the master cylinder. The clamp is attached to the power booster firewall mounting bracket with the hex screw (included). Some models used a clip instead of this setup so make sure you realize there are two versions.

No pitting, etc....nicely re-phosphated to the original finish along with the mounting screw. Inner rubber insulator pieces wrap around the steel brake lines and are held inside the clamp.....these insulator sleeves are rubber hose that is slit...these are the originals and in real nice condition.

$28 shipped (USPostal) to the lower 48.

PM me for payment options

NOTE: Do you need a Gas Tank Pad for your car?......these parts will easily fit inside the box with my rolled up Gas Tank Pad and won't add anything to the ship cost of the Gas Tank Pad....link to my Gas Tank Pad ad:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ion-item-7107/

Last edited by 70Post; October 30th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old October 30th, 2019, 09:18 PM

pm sent
Old October 31st, 2019, 06:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Patton, I have a question for you. Did this clip always have a set of rubber insulators inside? When I restored my clip for my 72 Cutlass, I didn't find that in mine.
Old October 31st, 2019, 07:55 PM

Allan - From my experience....yes. Every one of these I've pulled from salvage cars has had the rubber pieces in there. Doesn't make any sense at all not to have them b/c the clamp wouldn't clamp. It doesn't close up tight enough to hold the steel brake lines....they'd just be rattling around inside the clamp. Thus, the factory installed slit hose sections.

You can use any appropriately sized rubber automotive hose and slit them. Not sure of the exact size but it shouldn't be too hard to try a couple sizes and figure it out.