Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Olds 455 big block for sale

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2017, 11:44 AM

Olds 455 big block for sale

I have a 455 olds big block for sale I'm in Massachusetts I bought the motor off a gentleman that he took out of an Oldsmobile years ago and was in his garage honest and I just happened to catch a peek at it when walking by he originally said no to selling it and then he was moving about six months later and I jumped on the offer also came with the matching transmission by luck I found a Chevy truck that was already set up for an Olds big block put the motor in got it running Grand great and then the tranny in the truck field I had the matching tranny completely rebuilt and installed ran about 500 miles before I had to get rid of the truck took the motor and transmission out and now I'm looking to sell them I do not know much about Oldsmobile engines I can try answer any questions I'm looking for 500 for the motor and 400 4 the brand new rebuilt transmission. Please contact me if interested. Best is to txt or call me 978 746 4575 name is phil. New to this so please be understanding. Thanks.

Last edited by Dukegsd; April 4th, 2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Wrong word
Old April 4th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Hookers under Hood

Hi Phil,

Guys on the site look for a decent running engine and trans combo at times. It would help if you could give them some more information if possible.
Numbers of the block and trans would be a great start. What number heads are on the engine etc for identification.
This would tell most if the trans is a TH400, TH350 etc, head letters would tell if it a smog early to mid 70's engine as well.
It wouldn't hurt to have these numbers available when calls come in.
A few pictures would also help with your sale.
All the best with your sale.
Eric
Old July 15th, 2024, 05:54 PM

Olds 455 block

Originally Posted by Dukegsd
I have a 455 olds big block for sale I'm in Massachusetts I bought the motor off a gentleman that he took out of an Oldsmobile years ago and was in his garage honest and I just happened to catch a peek at it when walking by he originally said no to selling it and then he was moving about six months later and I jumped on the offer also came with the matching transmission by luck I found a Chevy truck that was already set up for an Olds big block put the motor in got it running Grand great and then the tranny in the truck field I had the matching tranny completely rebuilt and installed ran about 500 miles before I had to get rid of the truck took the motor and transmission out and now I'm looking to sell them I do not know much about Oldsmobile engines I can try answer any questions I'm looking for 500 for the motor and 400 4 the brand new rebuilt transmission. Please contact me if interested. Best is to txt or call me 978 746 4575 name is phil. New to this so please be understanding. Thanks.
Old July 15th, 2024, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dukegsd
is the block still available
Old July 15th, 2024, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1963Olds##
is the block still available
The last time this seller was on the site was in 2017, this is his only post. Try the phone number.