Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

NOS 1969 Hurst Olds Wing Raw and never painted

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2018, 03:58 AM
Jay Rushlow

NOS 1969 Hurst Olds Wing Raw and never painted

I just recently acquired this very nice piece from a local property auction. I purchased it with a deck lid and cone to find out they aren’t a match for one another. I have verified that this is a GM piece and is not an aftermarket part. Would make for a great piece for an restoration. I got a lot of money into the purchase i made and would like to recoup some of the money i had spent to buy the Wing and Deck Lid. As i stated in the description this is a NOS and Raw. It has the factory primer sealant on it and that is it. The pedestals are raw and have no paint on them. I am asking $1,000 OBO for the Wing and pedestals

Old April 13th, 2018, 02:39 PM

I know what auction that was I bought all the other stuff all the 455 and diesel motors,there was even 2 400 g blocks. that guy had a lot of stuff
Old April 13th, 2018, 04:43 PM

oldolds88, it was nice meeting you at the auction clean out. I am the guy that helped you and your buddy load the engines on pallets. I bought one small lot, of Olds parts, and 3 Oldsmobile’s at that auction. I am interested in some of the 68/69 parts that you might be selling, and would like to see the the 68 parts car that you have, as I now have a 68 I need to gather parts for.

Jay you out bid me on the deck lid, and wing nice buy. Is there anything your looking for that you might want to trade, for the wing? I live in Eaton Rapids,
I see from your sale posts you are in Holt. If you need something let me know.
Old April 13th, 2018, 04:48 PM

I also have a NOS rear wing, but do not have the pedestals. If anyone has a pair of original pedestals for sale let me know.

Thanks
Aaron
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:04 PM

FWIW - I bought an NOS rear wing MANY MANY years ago.....back in the '80's. It is just like the wing being advertised...grey primer with the taped-off areas over the threaded inserts and the pedestals are (were) bare glass.

I've heard this is how the wings were when they were sold to employees at the factory "store"/outlet/etc.
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Jay Rushlow

Which would be correct in this case. The gentleman who once owned this worked for Oldsmobile here in Lansing until the mid 70’s. He acquired a lot of Olds/Buick/Pontiac NOS items in his days
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Jay Rushlow

Originally Posted by Hurst Promod
oldolds88, it was nice meeting you at the auction clean out. I am the guy that helped you and your buddy load the engines on pallets. I bought one small lot, of Olds parts, and 3 Oldsmobile’s at that auction. I am interested in some of the 68/69 parts that you might be selling, and would like to see the the 68 parts car that you have, as I now have a 68 I need to gather parts for.

Jay you out bid me on the deck lid, and wing nice buy. Is there anything your looking for that you might want to trade, for the wing? I live in Eaton Rapids,
there wasn’t anything in particular in the engine lots i was after that i don’t already have. If there was a steel 455 crank we could do some business though
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Jay Rushlow

I also have a NOS rear wing, but do not have the pedestals. If anyone has a pair of original pedestals for sale let me know.

Thanks
Aaron
i might know someone Aaron who has a set
Old April 14th, 2018, 03:11 AM

Jay, I have a 425 crank still, but will have to double check on the 455 Steele crank might still have one left. I will check today. Let me know on the wing pedestals.
Thanks
Aaron
Old April 14th, 2018, 05:51 AM

Well, nice to know that's an NOS part. I have one in my basement just like it and don't recall where I got it or if it was a repop.

Good luck with the sale.

Jim
Old April 14th, 2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by oldolds88
I know what auction that was I bought all the other stuff all the 455 and diesel motors,there was even 2 400 g blocks. that guy had a lot of stuff

Hi were the 400G blocks standard bore NOS?
Old April 14th, 2018, 08:24 AM

400 engines were used takeouts, but were complete. Oldolds88 got a ton of great parts. I doubt he has had time to inventory the stuff yet.
Old April 14th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Jay Rushlow

Jay, I have a 425 crank still, but will have to double check on the 455 Steele crank might still have one left. I will check today. Let me know on the wing pedestals.
Thanks
Aaron
Aaron the guy i reached out to about the pedestals says that he didn’t have an extra set anymore. Shoot me a text at5172068921 let me know if you turned up a steel 455 crank
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Jay Rushlow

Bottom Dollar

Guys I’m not wanting to sit on this Wing too long. $650 is the bottom on it.