Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Nice Factory Original M22 Muncie 4 Speed Transmission Assembly

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2014, 06:54 PM

Nice Factory Original M22 Muncie 4 Speed Transmission Assembly

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have a real nice factory original GM Muncie M22 four speed transmission for sale on eBay with no reserve and a $9.99 opening bid. This is a real GM M22 which has been in storage for many years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141437068757...84.m1558.l2649

Thanks guys,
-Fast67
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC08946.jpg (35.0 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by fast67vellen2o; November 9th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old October 12th, 2014, 07:38 PM

Real purty
I put my bid in

Ad text is tiny and hard to read on my screen. So, here it is, easy to read:

Here is a factory original GM Muncie M22 4 speed close ratio heavy duty transmission. This is the infamous "Rock Crusher" 4 speed unit that you always hear about. This particular M22 is the big daddy of them all. This is the final updated design Muncie that everyone calls the heavy duty unit. All of the Muncie 4 speed weak areas of design were finally upgraded and redesigned into this unit that was installed into GM production cars from 1970-1974. To top it off, this is the M22 version.

This has the fine spline input shaft and the large Turbo 400 style output shaft assembly. These M22 transmissions were usually installed behind most high performance muscle cars of the era like the LT1 Z28, 454 LS6, etc. The gear set in an M22 was straighter cut and has a 20 degree helix angle as opposed to the 30 degree angle on the M21 and M20 gear sets. The M22 gear set was also made out of a higher nickel alloy. This allowed the M22 to take much more horsepower and abuse than the weaker Muncie M20 and M21 transmissions.

This will fit and is numbers correct for all 1970-1974 GM vehicles. This unit will also fit ALL 1955-1981 GM models, (Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Buick) directly with no major modifications or other issues. This unit is in excellent original condition. The input shaft has zero rings. The input shaft has 26 splines and the output shaft has 32 splines. This has the heavy duty fine spline input and large turbo 400 style large 32 spline output.

The first gear ratio is 2.20, 2nd gear is 1.64, 3rd gear is 1.28 and 4th gear is 1:1. This transmission still retains its factory installed and original GM gear set. There are no chipped, broken, or damaged gear teeth anywhere. All of the gears are in great shape. When this unit is spun over, it feels great with no major slop or issues. It also spun over fine in all 4 gears and shifts great with no issues. All of the engagement teeth also look great with no major wear. This trans is not dirty or greasy and is pretty clean. The main case is perfect with no cracked or broken ears and no welds or damage. The tail shaft is in excellent shape as well with no cracks, damage, welds, or repairs.

There are no stripped holes or heli-coils anywhere on this transmission. There was a small vent installed at one point in time on the top of the main case (see pic #5). It was removed and plugged up with a threaded plug. it will never be seen once this is installed into a vehicle.

The main case has a casting number of 3925661 and is stamped
P2P08C (P= Muncie, 2= 1972, P08= September 8th, C= M22 Heavy Duty Close Ratio).

The tail shaft has a casting number of 3978764.

The side cover has a casting number of 3952648.

The front bearing retainer has a casting number of 3915020.

This still has both original Lisle stamped magnetic drain and fill plugs installed into it (see pic)!

There is a vin of 12B532845 stamped into the main case.

This unit is 100% matching numbers from front to back! Everything is 100% correct. These original heavy duty Muncie M22 Rock Crusher transmissions are becoming very hard to find this correct and complete so don't miss out on this one at NO RESERVE!!

This trans doesn't appear to need anything; it turns, shifts, and feels real good. I have not personally run this transmission so I do not know its actual working condition. I inspect each transmission as thoroughly as possible before offering them here on ebay. I have given the best and most honest description of this transmission that I could.

As in any 40 year old part, there is no warranty expressed or implied. Please feel free to message me any and all questions regarding this transmission.
Please check my other listed auctions for other cool or hard to find car parts!!
Thank you for looking/bidding.

If you have any questions about this item, please take the time to use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature and contact me directly. Please don't ask questions after the auction has ended.

Paying: I accept all forms of payment that Ebay allows.
Please have the address you would like this item shipped to already entered into your "ship to" location in your information. I will not ship to any other address other than what you have listed on your PayPal or eBay account. I do not ship to P.O. boxes so please have your residential or work place address listed prior to paying.
If you win the item, please try to make payment in 4 days. If not, my automatic settings will open a report through ebay. If not paid in another 4 days, the case will close and you will have a strike. If you can't get payment to me in time, please message me as I am a very reasonable person.

Shipping: The eBay shipping calculator is usually correct 99% of the time, so if you see a shipping quote, it is most likely correct. If you have any questions regarding the shipping quote that the eBay shipping calculator provides, message me, and I will get you a shipping quote asap.

All items when they are shipped are fully insured for the winning amount. No matter what the winning amount is.

I ship via UPS only for the United States and Canada. No exceptions. You are more than welcome to pick this up locally if you live close.

I do combine ship so if you win more than one item, I will ship them together if I can safely package them together. If I can't, then they will be shipped separately.

International Bidders: Please message me prior to bidding to receive a shipping quote. You are responsible for all costs associated with shipping this part to you. All duty, import, taxes, etc are all your responsibility. I will not de-value the item so your duty fees are cheaper. Please do not ask.

Returns: Please do not install, modify, or take apart anything you do not like when you open the box or crate. Once you modify the item I will not return it. Message me and let me know you are not satisfied and we will go from there.

Return shipping is paid for by the BUYER only. I will not refund return shipping. You don't go to WalMart and ask for them to pay you your gas money for the return trip over there.

Misc: Please make sure this is the part that you need. I try my best to ensure my applications and descriptions are accurate, however, I cannot possibly know every application of every part ever manufactured.

These are all used parts, unless they are specified as new, and do not have any type of warranty or guarantee expressed or implied.

Last edited by Octania; October 12th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Was it originally in a Buick, 12B....?
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:03 PM

vin starts w 1 so Chevy
Buick starts w 4
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM

My guess is $1800
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by nj_cutlass72
Was it originally in a Buick, 12B....?

Most likely out of a 1972 Chevelle or El Camino SS 454 according to the partial vin.