Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Hurst Olds Wheels?....

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2014, 11:01 PM

Hurst Olds Wheels?....

I'd like these to go to someone that could enjoy them. They will not fit any of my 5x5 lug Olds or I'd put tires on them and use them to change up the look of my 88.

$250 obo for all 4 .... no center caps -
One set of used 1979 Oldsmobile/Olds Hurst style rims...center caps are not available.

This is a factory set 5 lug pattern (5x4.75) off of a 79 Olds I had years ago
and are not gold in color as Hurst are, these are the aluminum option for that year on non-hurst models I believe, but I'm sure can be refinished to clone a Hurst Rim of that year. They held air fine and show no cracks or major damage, but I would eventually clean 'em up with a resurface. Or use 'em as they are...Your choice

I'm in Northern IL about 40 miles from Chicago or Milwaukee, either way.

I would also consider a trade for a set of the 15 inch 5x5 rally wheel option that was used on the early 70's 88's (one can dream, right?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hurst3.jpg (69.6 KB, 92 views)
Hurst2.jpg (81.9 KB, 87 views)
Hurst4.jpg (110.8 KB, 81 views)
Old August 16th, 2014, 04:58 AM

I'm surprised there isn't anyone out here who would be interested in these as the price is right.... Anyone? I don't want to just end up scraping them for the aluminum.
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by oldsrocket88
I'm surprised there isn't anyone out here who would be interested in these as the price is right.... Anyone? I don't want to just end up scraping them for the aluminum.
You show them with center caps but say they do not come with them. Did you sell them separately? These wheels are basically useless without the center caps because the center caps are very hard to find. Unless you can find someone that has the center caps already, you will have very hard time selling these especially at the Price you are asking.
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:15 PM

These really are beautiful, I think they're sweet. Hope somebody gives them a good home!
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by orange442
You show them with center caps but say they do not come with them. Did you sell them separately? These wheels are basically useless without the center caps because the center caps are very hard to find. Unless you can find someone that has the center caps already, you will have very hard time selling these especially at the Price you are asking.
I can appreciate what your saying regarding that they are hard to sell without caps, but they are not useless. The caps do not hold on the tires and the caps do not stop them from being bolted onto the car. It is also very possible that someone needs a rim due to one of theirs being cracked, bent or damaged beyond repair. In that case they would not need caps.

Plus, have you had an aluminium wheel repaired or refinished recently? It could cost up to $120 for one wheel if it even was fixable.

Here are 4 for $250. That is a good deal. Thousands of SSII and SSIII rims sell for more than $65 a piece and these are much harder to come across.

I do have the caps but I am using them and if I was selling them with the wheels, the price would be considerably higher as I have never seen a full set of these wheels with caps for less than $600.

If I were to sell them with the caps I'd ask $400 - I'm just hoping someone out here could use them. I'm pretty firm on the $250 without caps though.

I guess we will see after September as I will be bringing them to a local swap and if they don't go there, maybe I'll entertain lower offers. Or maybe I'll trade for some parts I could use on my '65 88's or '66 Toro.

I do thank you for the comment to keep this post current, Peace

Joe-
Attached Images
Olds custom wheel 2.jpg (69.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by oldsrocket88; August 16th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:39 PM

I can appreciate what your saying regarding that they are hard to sell without caps, but they are not useless. The caps do not hold on the tires and the caps do not stop them from being bolted onto the car. It is also very possible that someone needs a rim due to one of theirs being cracked, bent or damaged beyond repair. In that case they would not need caps.

Plus, have you had an aluminium wheel repaired or refinished recently? It could cost up to $120 for one wheel if it even was fixable.

Here are 4 for $250. That is a good deal. Thousands of SSII and SSIII rims sell for more than $65 a piece and these are much harder to come across.

I do have the caps but I am using them and if I was selling them with the wheels, the price would be considerably higher as I have never seen a full set of these wheels with caps for less than $600.

If I were to sell them with the caps I'd ask $400 - I'm just hoping someone out here could use them. I'm pretty firm on the $250 without caps though.

I guess we will see after September as I will be bringing them to a local swap and if they don't go there, maybe I'll entertain lower offers. Or maybe I'll trade for some parts I could use on my '65 88's or '66 Toro.

I do thank you for the comment to keep this post current, Peace

Joe-
Joe, sorry if I hit a nerve but I just came back from the OCA Nationals and there were a few sets there. I priced them because I have some myself and wanted to know their basic value. A complete set of the silver ones like yours in good shape with caps were $200. Another guy had what looked to be either a perfect original or restored very nice set of 4 of the gold wheels with caps asking $350 for the set. At the time I left Saturday, neither set had sold. I based my previous response on this and the fact that I have had a problem selling these wheels with caps, and a very hard time without caps. Good luck with your sale and honestly I hope you do get what you are asking as that will make me feel much better about getting a decent price out of mine that have caps.
Old August 17th, 2014, 05:50 AM

Of course if you scrap them you won't get anywhere near 250.00.

And there's a set of 5 with 4 center caps in Austin, Tx you could buy for 250.00.

Henry
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by orange442
Joe, sorry if I hit a nerve but I just came back from the OCA Nationals and there were a few sets there. I priced them because I have some myself and wanted to know their basic value. A complete set of the silver ones like yours in good shape with caps were $200. Another guy had what looked to be either a perfect original or restored very nice set of 4 of the gold wheels with caps asking $350 for the set. At the time I left Saturday, neither set had sold. I based my previous response on this and the fact that I have had a problem selling these wheels with caps, and a very hard time without caps. Good luck with your sale and honestly I hope you do get what you are asking as that will make me feel much better about getting a decent price out of mine that have caps.
oh, no worries. No nerve hit. Aside from oldsmobile websites and shows, I'm sure there are very few of these around, at least that i've seen. That's an amazing price for the gold set with caps that you saw at the Nationals. I would have snagged those just to have them, but then again, I am trying to make room so .... LOL.

I may accually get these redone and put them on another project I have lined up in the future. Since it's never really been about the money and more about trying to get these to someone who could use them, ill just probably hold on to them. I understand people not wanting to jump at these without caps and without trying to get them at the lowest possible price... we could all use a few extra bucks, this is an expensive hobby :-)
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:13 PM

Quick bump...
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:25 PM

I bought a complete set with center caps, special lug nuts (yes they take special lug nuts), and very nice wheels. Paid $25 a wheel in Dallas at a swap meet. I put them on a 78 442 Salon that used to own. They are the option N78 wheel.
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by edzolz
I bought a complete set with center caps, special lug nuts (yes they take special lug nuts), and very nice wheels. Paid $25 a wheel in Dallas at a swap meet. I put them on a 78 442 Salon that used to own. They are the option N78 wheel.

Lug nuts are the same as Pontiac TransAms with aluminum wheels from the '70's. A few years ago it was easy to find TA's on the pic-a-parts.

Henry
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Correct regarding the lug nuts 66400. That was a great deal edzoldz! Love to see a pic of the 78 salon with them on it. I'm sure it looks great!
Old August 19th, 2014, 08:43 PM

Here Tiz. This is the best shot I have in Photobucket.

clutch005.jpg
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by edzolz
Here Tiz. This is the best shot I have in Photobucket.

Looks great. Are you going to have them resurfaced in gold?
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Looks great. Are you going to have them resurfaced in gold?
No, I sold the car long ago. The correct wheels for the 78 442 was the silver color, not gold. Gold was mainly Hurst cars.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:20 PM

Final bump... and hopefully no more posts on how you can jump in your time machine and buy a set of these cheaper back when...
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:54 AM

Final bump... and hopefully no more posts on how you can jump in your time machine and buy a set of these cheaper back when...

You don't need a time machine to purchase the set of 5 with 4 center caps and 20 lugnuts for 250.00 in Austin, Tx as they are available today!

Henry
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM

It all depends on what the market will bear. My observation is there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for this vintage of rally wheels. Here's a gold set with center caps that I offered up last year for $325. I've still got them. John

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ds-wheels.html
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:28 AM

Anybody here put these wheels on a 68-72 Cutlass ? I'm curious how they would look.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Blackpage
Anybody here put these wheels on a 68-72 Cutlass ? I'm curious how they would look.

They would be attractive to use on a 64-65 Olds A body.

Henry