Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Building a 403... or any olds small block?

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Building a 403... or any olds small block?

I have a 79 Trans Am with a 403 that I am restoring, but the project has been put on hold due to other bills that are more important. These parts are ones that I was actually going to use, not just scraps. The whole idea behind my build was to build a sleeper, stock looking heads and intake that would dramatically improve performance. I was going to use these heads because they have a smaller combustion chamber than the stock heads, and they aren't already tapped for the air injection ports. The intake manifold is a stock Olds manifold that can easily be ported as much as an Edelbrock Performer, but it still retains the stock look, plus is is aluminum so it is much lighter than the stock one. These parts could also be used on other Olds small blocks to build a nice motor. I would like to sell them all as a set, so make me a reasonable offer. Email me RCarlsonaz@aol.com, and I will respond as soon as possible.

For sale is a set of 3A heads and an A4 intake manifold.

I bought the 3A heads about a year of two ago in anticipation of my motor going out, but it didn't until recently, so I have never even used them. These heads have been completely gone through. These things are ready to be bolted on! The heads have been completely cleaned, valves and seats have been done, and new springs installed, and they have been milled flat. They have even been painted blue. These things are in great shape. One is a little dirtier than the other because it was sitting on a shelf instead of a box, but both are ready to bolt on.

The A4 intake is in original condition. It needs to be cleaned thoroughly, but it hasn't been touched as far as the ports go. It comes complete with the water neck, crossover plug and EGR tubes.

Last edited by 79Birdman; December 12th, 2009 at 01:39 PM.