Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

anyone for a hubcap trade?

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM

anyone for a hubcap trade?

I'll trade the 5 caps on the right for 2 of the kind on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hubcaps.jpg (80.2 KB, 85 views)
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Oldsdruid

Are the ones you want for 88-98 or are they for a Toronado? The dome in the center is higher for Toro.

You ain't asking for much. These caps are ALWAYS road-rashed.
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM

This reminds me of the game "Pit".

"Corner the market on Toronado wheel covers!!"
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Are the ones you want for 88-98 or are they for a Toronado? The dome in the center is higher for Toro.

You ain't asking for much. These caps are ALWAYS road-rashed.

They'll go on a '88, but I believe they came on Toro's. Not planning on a trade for ones in pristine condition, but the sentimentality trumps SOME wear, I hope.
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jugdish
I'll trade the 5 caps on the right for 2 of the kind on the left.
The wheel covers you want are 15"? They look like they're from 1973 Custom Cruiser or 98. I had one of them and what struck me as unusual was how heavy these were. Are we talking about the same parts?

Same thought I had. I remember the Toro covers as having a considerable offset to accomodate the wheel design.
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
The wheel covers you want are 15"? They look like they're from 1973 Custom Cruiser or 98. I had one of them and what struck me as unusual was how heavy these were. Are we talking about the same parts?

Same thought I had. I remember the Toro covers as having a considerable offset to accomodate the wheel design.

yes, they are 15". I could be mistaken that they came on a Toro. Looked in hubcap manuals at meets and it's difficult to see if they are exact. Here is a profile pic.
Attached Images
profile.jpg (60.1 KB, 16 views)
Old August 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

They look like they are made from pot metal - like the ones I had on my Custom cruiser. Are they heavy? And is the wheelcover actually one piece, or made up of 2 pieces bolted together on the backside?
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Oldsdruid

Yours are for 88-98. The center stainless dome is recessed on those. Toro caps have the dome almost flush with the edge of the heavy diecast part. They're not easy to find in good condition in any case.

Yes, these are heavy, and seems like I remember them being available on one year early-70s Ninety Eight and Custom Cruiser. Allan, they are two-piece. The center dome, and the diecast outer ring.

Worst comes to worst, I have the Toronado set that came off my 69 that I'd probably let you have for the shipping, but they are rough.
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

.................Yes, these are heavy, and seems like I remember them being available on one year early-70s Ninety Eight and Custom Cruiser. Allan, they are two-piece. The center dome, and the diecast outer ring....................
I believe that would make them 1973. That was what I had on my Custom Cruiser and I remember the first time I had to change a tire that the wheel covers were darn heavy and 2 piece construction. I don't think there's a lot of them around, but you could definitely search google, ebay, CL, Kijiji etc. Try some of the local Olds clubs and see if anyone has 'spares'. OCA may be a resource??
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I believe that would make them 1973. That was what I had on my Custom Cruiser and I remember the first time I had to change a tire that the wheel covers were darn heavy and 2 piece construction. I don't think there's a lot of them around, but you could definitely search google, ebay, CL, Kijiji etc. Try some of the local Olds clubs and see if anyone has 'spares'. OCA may be a resource??

Here is a picture of the back of the cap. They are 2 possibly 3 piece as far as I can tell. Definitely heavy and not too much fun to get on or off. My grandfather had a love/hate relationship with them, for sure.

Thank you for your information.
Attached Images
back of hubcap.jpg (78.3 KB, 13 views)
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM

Yours are for 88-98. The center stainless dome is recessed on those. Toro caps have the dome almost flush with the edge of the heavy diecast part. They're not easy to find in good condition in any case.

Yes, these are heavy, and seems like I remember them being available on one year early-70s Ninety Eight and Custom Cruiser. Allan, they are two-piece. The center dome, and the diecast outer ring.

Worst comes to worst, I have the Toronado set that came off my 69 that I'd probably let you have for the shipping, but they are rough.
rocketraider-Thank you for the offer but I will continue the quest to find 2 more.

Thanks for your help.
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:40 AM

I've also got some hubcaps you can have for shipping costs. I'm not too far away, down in Southern Oregon. When you have time check out the link on this thread to view pictures. I believe I still have them all. John

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-shipping.html
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Oldsdruid

Surprised no one jumped on those 67-8 big car 15" wheels.
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:27 PM

Unhappy

Surprised no one jumped on those 67-8 big car 15" wheels.
I'll throw in a steering box that needs to be rebuilt...
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Oldsdruid

Jugdish, look in John's pictures and you'll see two 67-68 Olds big car 15" wheels. They used the Toronado dogbowl caps and trim rings and are pretty rare to see. Those are the ones I was talking about.

Couple guys on here have them. Aliensatemybuick has them on a 65 Jetstar 1, and I think copper128 has a set of them on a 67 Delta too.

And I currently have nothing they'll work on.