Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'69 original Rear Side Marker Set - Cutlass/442 - very nice condition

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2022 | 01:17 PM

'69 original Rear Side Marker Set - Cutlass/442 - very nice condition

EDIT/ADD: Sold

Here is a pair of original rear side markers for a '69 Cutlass/442. They have " '68 " molded into the lenses and aluminum backer plates BUT from what I've read the '68 cars had a Left and Right side whereas the '69's were "universal". The diecast chrome bezels have the same PN with no "L" or "R" designation on them.

>Very nice condition chrome bezels - chrome is bright and shiny w/no bubbling, etc. You'd probably want to add the black and "claret" colored highlighting as most of that was removed during the cleaning process.

>Anodized aluminum backers (with foam seals) are in very nice shape....nice bright aluminum and not crusty, etc. You see these from inside the trunk area.

>Red lenses are nice....not cracked, chipped, etc. One lens has some factory "defects" on parts of the outer surface....a result of the injection molding process. Small raised "dots", etc - some of which could be wet sanded out and then polished.....I'll probably go ahead and do that so both lenses match in appearance.

>Black plastic outer gaskets/seals are there....one is in very nice shape and the other has two small splits (stress areas) and a small chunk missing from one edge (SEE PIC w/arrows pointing to these). NOTE: You can get new/repro black plastic gaskets/seals from Fusich for $14 or so for the pair.

>Attaching speed nuts included.

>Part numbers on pieces:
-Red lenses - 5960234 5 on both
-Chrome bezels - 403903 on both

Overall, a very nice original set....redo the paint highlighting and they're arguably show quality. Full new/repro pairs of these cost around $200 (Fusick) by the time you purchase everything. I can post more pics if needed.....these were taken inside w/a flash and I'll take some outside in the sunlight when it stops raining here.

$125 + shipping to the lower 48

PM for payment options and w/any questions.

Last edited by 70Post; April 28th, 2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old April 27th, 2022 | 01:48 PM

sending pm