Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

68 Delta Custom parts

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM

I do just need the seal and have found new ones but they said it was just the rubber part. The metal peice that goes in with the seal to stiffen it is broken on the top.
Old September 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by copper128
After looking at your pics, it looks like you just need the rubber seal and not the whole glass channel/seal assembly. As long as the chromed channel on the glass is in good shape, just spray some WD40 or similar lube along the sides of the rubber and it will slide out by pulling it straight down. That seal has a steel core to make it rigid. New replacement seals are available from Fusick and others (made by Metro). I replaced them on both of my 67's. Not difficult at all.
By the way, the chrome channel is glued to the glass with butyl sealer.
Did the ones you bought have the metal peice in the seal? If so I will just buy new ones.
Old September 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Metro # VS 3-R is the correct seal with the steel core. Under $26 for the pair direct from Metro Moulded Parts.
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Hello Everyone,

Finally checked out the Delta again. It's still there although the majority of the interior is gone.

Here's what's left:

Hood
Bumpers (nice cores)
Windshield
Rear glass
Quarter glass (minus the chrone/rubber trim)
Stainless fender & quarter trim
Front marker light housings
Stainless window trim (front & back)
Drip rails
...and a few other small thing in the engine bay (engine & trans still in the car

If you see or think of something you need let me know.
Old October 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Kelvin, if you go back and feel up to it, I would like the body side trim pieces that are in front of the rear wheelwell and behind the front wheelwell. There are 4 total, and I could really use them as mine are pitted badly. If they don't look too bad get them if you can. The front ones are kind of a pain because the bottom of the front fenders has to come loose. The rear ones aren't too bad, but the rear seat and side panels have to come out.
Everyone, I can tell you firsthand that Kelvin is a great person to deal with. He has great communication, removed parts with care, packaged the parts very, very nicely, and delivered them in a timely fashion. I honestly felt like I had a caring family member on the other end of the deal. Our dealing was my second one on this site. The first was with 2blu442, John. He treated me well, also. It just goes to show what good people can be found within the Olds Community!
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM

Philp, thanks for the kinds words! Likewise, you were a pleasure to do business with and I look forward to helping you with the other parts you've mentioned.

All of the trim pieces you mentioned were still on the car when I was there the other day so it's looking pretty good for you.

Thanks again for your patience and business. I'll update you in a day or so.
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Macrover: Why don't you join us in the NTOC. Nice looking Oldsmobile's!! Not a requirement, however. They can be cra**y, or non-existent, we would still like you to join us. And kudos for doing the leg work and the recycling place. Great thing about CO is the people!!!
Aron
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Aron! How are you man? It has been a long time since we've spoken. I took a break from my 77 a little over a year ago and I'm finally starting to get back in the groove. During my break, I picked up a 79 Supreme and last weekend, I picked up a 73 S from one of the members here. Three projects in the works, the wife is loving me right now.

I think we last spoke around last years NTOC meet after it was rained out and this years meet was somewhat hampered by the weather again. I didn't make it out this year so I'll have to wait until next year. Maybe I'll have one of my cars done by then...I wish!

When I'm on the prowl for parts for my cars, I may see an Olds and immediately think of my fellow Rocket owners and gladly spread the love, leg work included. It does me no justice to see an Olds inside/outside of my era of cars and let it go to waste. As you stated, "recycling" is the only way to keep some of our cars on the road (considering there's no aftermarket for some parts).

Ditto on CO having a great group of people!!!

Thanks for the kudos, car compliments, and invite. I'll look into the NTOC and get more info. Take care man!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM

Well folks, with sadness I must tell you the car has been crushed. I didn't get any other parts from it before it departure.

Glad I could help some of you and I'll be doing it again for my Olds family.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and business.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM

Sold- marker lights and front grill script

All that's left is the lighter (pending sale) and ignition switch with key
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:51 PM

68 Delta Custom trim needed

Hi - I'm restoring a 68 delta custom and desperately need front trim for both the right and left fenders. I also need the chrome trim for either side of the center section on the front of the car that is between the hood and the front bumper. This is a 29k mile car that unfortunately sustained a lot of damage while owned by its one elderly owner, but my goal is to get it in the paint shop this month. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Frank