Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

68 Cutlass Power Bench Seat with Armrest

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2017, 11:15 AM

68 Cutlass Power Bench Seat with Armrest

It was originally blue but was sprayed black with vinyl paint a few years back. It has an arm rest in the middle that folds up. Power seat. Coming out of a 68 Cutlass Supreme 4dr. Has some tears on it could use a new cover. Located in San Diego, CA. Send me a PM if interested I can provide photos and more info.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:17 AM

Do you have the floor brackets to go with it? If not, can you get them? There was a thread discussing the 70-72 power bench seat and that nobody is reproducing the floor brackets. John
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I believe it is still attached to the bench. I just unbolted the 4 nuts, disconnected the power/ground and slipped the whole thing out in 1 piece. I am going to be putting some bucket seats I acquired in there and I don't really have the space to hold on to the bench.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM

I was thinking about the bracket welded to the floorboard. In addition, there may not be much demand for the seat since it came out of a four door. But the power unit could be bolted to a bench seat in a two door car and function just fine. The two door needs to have the seat backs tilt forward to access the back seat. It would be much cheaper to ship just the power seat parts too. So if you don't get a response on the whole seat you might consider unbolting the power unit and offering just that up for sale, and include the floor brackets with it. John
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info. I will definately keep that in mind. I was hoping to find someone locally who wanted the whole thing. If I don't have any luck I will separate them. I'll get photos of the bench and brackets later and post.
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:45 AM

dont seperate...it absolutely will not bolt into a car with out them...just ask more money, people will pay they must have them to work together..
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:54 AM

I think what Mark is saying is that to install the power seat into another car, you HAVE to have the brackets that are welded to the floor of your car. You can unbolt the power seat tracks from the seat itself but you really need to keep the seat tracks with the brackets welded to the floor. You can use a spot weld drill bit to remove them or a cruder method is a chisel & BFH. I might be interested in the brackets & seat tracks if you do decide to part the seat out. That seat will only fit into another 4 door or a wagon as it does not fold forward for rear seat access.
Old December 26th, 2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by yeahbuddy
It was originally blue but was sprayed black with vinyl paint a few years back. It has an arm rest in the middle that folds up. Power seat. Coming out of a 68 Cutlass Supreme 4dr. Has some tears on it could use a new cover. Located in San Diego, CA. Send me a PM if interested I can provide photos and more info.
Did you ever sell it?