Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

371/394 engine parts

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2016, 11:41 AM

371/394 engine parts

Made a couple changes to my last ad, read through to see the changes.
Selling off the last of my early Olds rocket V8 engine parts, both stock and hi-perf kinds of stuff. Individual item prices are at the end of each line item, but there is also a package deal price of toward the bottom that's less than a hundred bucks, if you wanted all 4 listed items together.

--aftermarket cast aluminum valve cover spacer for 5-bolt '59-64 valve cover, used for fitting stock valve covers over adjustable rockerarms (which are necessary for solid cams). Have one spacer only, not a pair. But rare item... pick this one up as a spare if you already have some. $20

--single stock "smoothie" 5-bolt valve cover for '59-60 371/394, will also fit on all '61-64 394 heads. No dents that I can see, and also covered in a thin coat of grease so also probably rust-free for the most part. Probably a great candidate for chroming (on a side note, almost all the old race car pics from the early '60's showed chromed smoothie covers on the engines) $15

--1 last '59-64 371/394 cam blank, but on this one here I had started some custom work on (limited to brazing up the groove behind the front flange, in preparation for grinding that to size to fit a Torrington rear thrust washer on it)... the job can be finished on a lathe, or the brazing can be removed altogether by melting back off. Only thing that needs to be done to the blank itself is that the lobes need to be ground with your choice of cam profile. All other machine work is done on the cast iron blank. The blank cost me about $300, and the manufacturer had told me that it was a better material than the factory used, plus there is extra material on the lobe so a more aggressive grind can be had than by regrinding a used stock cam. Needs cleaning, but your cam grinder will do that for you. $65

--Aftermarket chromemoly crank bolt for Olds (large diameter thread). Should fit all '56 324, '57-60 371/394, and '66-up Olds as well. Might be a B&B bolt. $8

Would sell all 4 of the above items together as a package deal for $90.

Add mailing costs. Can only mail to the continental 48 USA states on bigger/heavier items. Can mail smaller items to all 50 USA.

OK, I think that might be about it, unless you need a 394 valley pan or oil pan (I think I saw a couple left). Let me know if you see something you want, thanks.
Please e-mail me direct at blown394olds@yahoo.com instead of PM'ing me.