Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Cutlass Grilles (excellent - nearly NOS)

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

1972 Cutlass Grilles (excellent - nearly NOS)

SOLD
A RARE offering
For your consideration, here is a set of 1972 very intact and excellent condition grilles. Correct for: Cutlass, F85, Cutlass Cruiser - aka flattop wagon. Not correct for Cutlass Supreme or Vista Cruiser but they will fit. To my knowledge 1972 Cutlass grilles like these are not reproduced and those that do hit the market aren't intact as these are.

They were purchased NIB (new in box) from Stedelbauer Chev Olds back in 1985 and installed on my Cutlass S during the body restoration. Although they have been on the car for many years, they have only traveled approximately 1200 miles. The grilles are NOT NOS, but in better than excellent condition. All the brightwork is there and bright, just like it was when it was made, all the mounting tabs are there and solid. The grille script is included.

These are authentic genuine GM service replacement parts (back then we relied on the General for parts). The part numbers are molded into the plastic and are provided in 2 of the pictures.

Yes, there is some very slight over-spray on a couple of the tabs, but nothing else that detracts from a really nice set of grilles. None of that will be seen when the grills are mounted.

These grilles do not come on the market very often, and not in this condition when they do. I did a quick search on Google (isn't Google everyone's friend?) and found an NOS set of these being offered by a major Olds restoration vendor for incredible big $$$ that makes these look cheap.

Price is $US 400.00 firm plus shipping for the set. I will ship to any destination. A shipping quote will be provided only to a committed buyer. Shipping will include a careful packaging and delivery to the post office or courier. You can choose your shipping option and I will honor it IF it is available from here.

I will not separate the grilles for individual sale, and reserve the right to end this sale without notice.

Passenger side - complete and excellent, bright trim is bright.

Driver's side. Complete and excellent - will include Oldsmobile Script as part of the package. Bright trim is bright.

Mounting tabs complete and intact. U-clips have been removed to mount another set of grills. Very slight over spray on tabs. May clean off with a solvent.

Drivers side - tabs in pristine shape. No over spray. U-clips have been removed to mount another set of grills

Alignment tabs intact, both grills. This is what often gets broken during removal. Note the bright trim fasteners. This is the hallmark of OEM production and clearly indicates it's not a reproduction.

Inner mounting tabs to the stone shield. Slight over spray that wouldn't be seen when mounted.

Inner mounting tabs to the rad support. There is a very small crack in the lower one, but doesn't affect it's mounting. Could be reinforced if desired but not necessary

Upper mounting tabs. Slight overspray. Fully intact and perfect, U-clips have been removed to mount another set of grills

Part number when purchased back in 1985. This is a genuine OEM service replacement grille.

Part number when purchased in 1985. This is a genuine OEM service replacement grille.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited by Allan R; August 20th, 2020 at 06:26 AM. Reason: information change
Old October 8th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ttt
Old March 26th, 2020, 08:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Bump
Old July 14th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Correct for 1972 Cutlass, f85 or Cutlass Cruiser.
Not correct for Cutlass Supreme or Vista Cruiser, although they will fit.
These grills are reasonably priced considering the price of repop CS grills, and that these ones are not reproduced. Hard to find OEM grills in this good of condition.