Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1967 Toronado, testing the water for parting it out

Old October 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM

1967 Toronado, testing the water for parting it out

Well, I picked up this car last summer. The person who bought it from my friend got into a financial bind and talked me into buying it. I drove it off the trailer and parked it, planning to get back to it later. I don't think later is going to happen for a while....

Since I got it I've found out the front and back windshields leak badly, must have rust around them. There is rot in the lower left quarter panel where the trunk drop off is. Then there's bumps under the vinyl top. So... it may be one of those cars that will cost too much to rebuild. I know the engine, disc brakes, headlight vacuum stuff is all in demand. But I'm looking at this stripped down plain jane interior and am not sure if anybody would want it. The door panels are nice, seats not bad. But this is the first time I've seen a low optioned Toro with no power windows, door locks, seat, no tilt tele. It has front disc brakes and a power antenna but that's about it.

So my question to the Olds community is would there be any interest in the interior of this car? Anybody interested in the whole car for $1500? It has a cracked pass side exhaust manifold, but I've got an extra that could go with it. Please check out the photos on the old thread and let me know what you think. One note, I have the dual snorkel air cleaner, it was off when the pictures were taken as we were checking the carb number. John

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...30-2012-a.html
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM

If the car wasnt so far, would have definitely taken it....
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Does it have the deep oil pan and the windage tray?
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by cycomiko
Does it have the deep oil pan and the windage tray?
Yes, but its a complete running motor so I'd not want to take it apart. I do have a core Toro engine with those items. If you would send me a PM with your shipping address I'll get a price including shipping for you.

John
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Get it running reliably and drill some drain holes in the floor and I will buy it just for Oregon travel!
Pick me up at the Medford airport and there - I have a car!
While initially joking, it does not sound like too bad an idea. It it was a Vista, i would probably jump on it!
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Get it running reliably and drill some drain holes in the floor and I will buy it just for Oregon travel!
Pick me up at the Medford airport and there - I have a car!
While initially joking, it does not sound like too bad an idea. It it was a Vista, i would probably jump on it!
OK Rob... you've opened the door! I'm going to start looking for a Vista Cruiser
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:55 PM

No to thread hijack but i was on my local craigslist today and saw this if you guys were serious lol.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4090072312.html
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:54 PM

Hi John, let me know if you are serious about parting out this car, there are some large and small items on it that I would be interested in. Thanks, Mark
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ydennekkram
Hi John, let me know if you are serious about parting out this car, there are some large and small items on it that I would be interested in. Thanks, Mark
Hello Mark
I've not pulled anything yet, but am moving in that direction. I've made a commitment on some of the headlight parts. Please send me a PM or email with the items you'd be interested in.

John