Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 donor car

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2018, 05:11 PM

1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 donor car

Hello everyone, I just acquired a 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday Coupe donor car. I will be parting it out after taking the items I need for my father's 1962 Dynamic that I posted up on the "Newbie" Section.

The donor car is a straight salvage vehicle that unfortunately has seen better days. I am including pictures below of some of the parts I want to get rid of in the next few weeks (I say this because my wife wants it gone ASAP and out of our driveway). I just want to recoup some of my money back so I am going to part things out reasonably.

I have front and back bumpers - $300.00 (firm). Back bumper really needs some work but front one is actually in pretty good shape.

Front grilles with both lamp assemblies (light bezels) along with the gravel deflector and surrounding extension pieces - $300.00. Grille is in great shape along with bezels. The bottom piece of the gravel deflector/moulding needs work as it appears that the prior owners did in fact use their bumper jack. .

Front hood with OLDSMOBILE Script and center moulding, along with trunk - $300.00 (firm). Both the trunk and the hood are in great shape with no dents. The hood moulding and the script are in great shape but unfortunately there is no "88" or "Rocket" moulding on the trunk.

Rear glass - $100.00 without moulding as I am using two of the pieces for my dads car. No DASH pieces available, and the interior is unsalvageable unless you are looking for seats that need work.

I figure I would post items here first before going to Ebay. Text me with any requests that I might able to dig up for you.

Thanks,
Beers.

Old May 11th, 2021, 06:00 PM

I know this post is a few years old but, do you still have the rear bumper? I'm looking at a 1962 Dynamic 88 and it doesn't have a rear bumper. The car is kind of rough so the condition of the bumper in the pix is perfect.
Old May 11th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Oldsdruid

You need to know up front that 62-68 full-size rear bumpers are scarce and good ones are priced accordingly. The design of the mounting brackets catches dirt and water causing rot-out from the back side.

Good luck. Starfire and Ninety Eight guys are your competition, but all 1962 big cars use the same bumper.
Old May 13th, 2021, 02:01 PM

Hey Tom, sorry for the late response as I don't get on this site much. I've started to visit a few groups on Facebook called "Oldsmobile Starfire Owners 1961-1966" and "1962 Oldsmobile Starfire" even though my dads car is only a 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88. I'm sure there are several individuals here that visit those sites as well. It seems that I can find more information on the 1962 Oldsmobile's on the Facebook sites, although I come back from time to time to look some information up here. Individuals that I've met on all the sites have been very helpful to locate items as well as answers questions that I might have.

Anyway, there is a guy named Manny Molina that you can find on the Facebook sites that usually sells 1962 parts. He is out of Fullerton, CA, and I know that he has a couple of "parts" cars right now.

Good luck,
Rich
Old December 3rd, 2021, 07:15 AM

Do you still have the hood letters available? Oldsmobile letters that are in the hood? If so, how much?