Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1971 vista cruiser

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2011 | 04:46 PM

1971 vista cruiser

Original 350 turbo 400, 61,000 original miles.
Runs and drives nice, a/c blows ice cold.
Fresh brakes complete , rotors, calipers, lines, drums. Ball joints , bushings. Nice fenders, 4dr seat with arm rest. All black door panels are nice. Glass is near mint
complete motor with all accessories for sale / 61k runs very nice -sold
trans with converter / 61k works great-sold
still together / will sell as a complete drop in combo
complete disc brake assembly / almost all new parts - sold
complete a/c no noise, works nicely and still running r-12 no leaks
all exterior trim is excellent. The list can go on .

VISTA GLASS / ALL IN NICE SHAPE / CENTER AND BOTH SIDES - all vista glass sold
i have all other glass except windshield/ all in very nice condition

Rear bumper is excellent - sold
all stainless wheel openings are great, no damage - sold
all black interior plastic trim / nice
all black interior parts are there and very nice - still have some left / just ask
no power windows
gas tank no leaks and clean / all tank braces are in great condition
see chicago c/l cutlass / vista parts for more info
located at the il/ wis border . mchenry ,il 60051
for parts only........
Call john @ 847-508-5090
johnsfry@comcast.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
231.jpg (104.7 KB, 84 views)
233.jpg (98.3 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by john s fry; May 7th, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: add email and location
Old December 24th, 2011 | 05:10 PM
1971 442 conv

How much are you asking for the 121" long wheel base boxed bare frame?
Old December 24th, 2011 | 05:31 PM

vista cruiser

1000.00 would buy the frame. was going to use it for another project to get ahead.
Old December 26th, 2011 | 01:07 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

how much for the whole front brake system
Old December 26th, 2011 | 04:18 PM

give a call 847-508-5090 to get a complete description, and tell me what you need
thanks
john
Old January 5th, 2012 | 08:23 PM

John, what is the major issue with the car that it is going for parts if I understand correctly. If so, what would be the asking price for the Vista glass over the back seat? Is it the mirrored type? Regardless, I have a crack in mine, so a whole replacement would be nice. Thank you, Howie
Old January 6th, 2012 | 11:03 AM
NOVICE car nut

man , I would buy the whole thing if I could .....
Old January 6th, 2012 | 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
man , I would buy the whole thing if I could .....
Already tried...
Old January 6th, 2012 | 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vistabrat72
John, what is the major issue with the car that it is going for parts if I understand correctly.

I'm confused by this also. I just read the craigslist ad and did not see anything there that would indicate that this is not a restorable car.
Old January 6th, 2012 | 04:55 PM

Alan, It is probably like my 1970 VC. Tried to sell it whole for cheap for 6 months and now thinking about parting it because I will be able to get it out of my sideyard. Parts are worth more than the whole.

Lee
Old January 6th, 2012 | 05:01 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

X2 leepear i was just about to post that you beat me to the punch. It's bad to say but it is true in this economy it's hard to take on a project and if you are doing one you are looking for parts., parts sell cars kinda tend to sit.
Old January 6th, 2012 | 05:09 PM

I could sell my rust free frame and the two nice 70 fenders and get almost as much as I want for the car and keep the new engine, headers flowmasters aluminum intake and holly carb and rebuilt trans for another car. It is tempting but not ready to do that yet. But I can see why John is parting that car.

Lee
Old January 6th, 2012 | 06:34 PM

vista glass

Originally Posted by Vistabrat72
John, what is the major issue with the car that it is going for parts if I understand correctly. If so, what would be the asking price for the Vista glass over the back seat? Is it the mirrored type? Regardless, I have a crack in mine, so a whole replacement would be nice. Thank you, Howie

hi howie,
i have followed your build on you tube. an interesting car. definitely a show stopper.
i restore these cars for a living and really appreciate what you went through to get what you have.
yes a lot of speculation on this car and my recent decisions.
it will end up as a great parts car for my recent aquisition, that holds far greater value. these parts are nice and will save many hours of hunting, and will provide a platform for many others to finish their cars.
i always budget before entering into a resto. and balance the books, it either works or it does not. purely financial.
after careful teardown of all parts i will take what i need, sell the rest and
in the end i will have a really nice shell with very small amounts of patchwork, finished in lead. this will be for sale come spring.
an odd choice to many, but i know we all have a passion for this and i am going in unforbidden territory for many. i have done this before. a long and tedious process , but well worth it for everbody involved
i will not cut this car up and butcher it.

all the glass in this car is very nice. the 2 side roof glass have some clouding an the edges but very nice otherwise.the center vista glass is not mirrored, but in excellent condition. all glass except for the doors is still in the car and is excellent. i will scope it out on sun and get some pics to you. i have enclosed my number and welcome any calls.
i am really busy with work and it would be easier. all questions will be answered in an honest fashion as to condition and description.
really do not want to haggle alot either, life is to short.
this has been a wonderful site so far, and we are all here for our love of these cars.
thank you
johnsfry@comcast.net
847-508-5090
Old January 6th, 2012 | 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by john s fry
hi howie,
i have followed your build on you tube. an interesting car. definitely a show stopper.
i restore these cars for a living and really appreciate what you went through to get what you have.
yes a lot of speculation on this car and my recent decisions.
it will end up as a great parts car for my recent aquisition, that holds far greater value. these parts are nice and will save many hours of hunting, and will provide a platform for many others to finish their cars.
i always budget before entering into a resto. and balance the books, it either works or it does not. purely financial.
after careful teardown of all parts i will take what i need, sell the rest and
in the end i will have a really nice shell with very small amounts of patchwork, finished in lead. this will be for sale come spring.
an odd choice to many, but i know we all have a passion for this and i am going in unforbidden territory for many. i have done this before. a long and tedious process , but well worth it for everbody involved
i will not cut this car up and butcher it.

all the glass in this car is very nice. the 2 side roof glass have some clouding an the edges but very nice otherwise.the center vista glass is not mirrored, but in excellent condition. all glass except for the doors is still in the car and is excellent. i will scope it out on sun and get some pics to you. i have enclosed my number and welcome any calls.
i am really busy with work and it would be easier. all questions will be answered in an honest fashion as to condition and description.
really do not want to haggle alot either, life is to short.
this has been a wonderful site so far, and we are all here for our love of these cars.
thank you
johnsfry@comcast.net
847-508-5090
John, I thank you very much for your honest and forthright answer, I am sure this will answer many questions the forum has been wondering about indeed. The trails and trials/adventures with my own Vista were very trying at times, and when the glass was all out, and parts were all over the place, I was wondering what the heck I was getting into. The towel was nearly thrown in a few times, and literally for that matter, when 'Sammy' was frustrating me, I did throw a towel at him more then a few times to give a warning! Thank you for the kind words about the project. All humor aside, the work and effort I see by all, not only Vista Cruiser owners, to restore cars that were literally dragged from fields, is nothing short of a real testament to preserving the marque and the love for it. And the help the folks give. Thanks to another member, the side glass has been located, in excellent shape, and I will PM you about the roof glass. I am sure the price will be very fair. Regards, Howie
Old January 7th, 2012 | 06:04 PM

John, did you get the windshield out today? If so i wold like to come up and get it.
Old January 7th, 2012 | 07:40 PM

Bet he's waitingv for your call!!
Old January 8th, 2012 | 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
Bet he's waitingv for your call!!

I have been ready to buy. I was waiting on him to remove the glass. He was supposed to call me yesterday. Ill just shoot him a call this morning.
Old January 8th, 2012 | 08:52 AM

Im loosing my window of opportunity LOL My buddy is coming over at noon. I wont have him available for another week.
Old January 8th, 2012 | 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by leepear
I could sell my rust free frame and the two nice 70 fenders and get almost as much as I want for the car and keep the new engine, headers flowmasters aluminum intake and holly carb and rebuilt trans for another car. It is tempting but not ready to do that yet. But I can see why John is parting that car.

Lee
Lee, I think back to a couple years ago when the owner of a numbers matching 1971 W30 couldn't sell it for what he thought he should get. So he parted the engine compartment and said he was building a drag car out of the shell. He got a pile of money for the correct carb, distributor, heads, etc. but that was a nice car that is now gone. Over the years I've parted a lot of car and a few I wish I hadn't. That also includes four 70-72 rusty Vista Cruisers. I had a hard time selling the Vista only parts and still have a pile inside my shed. John's car looks nice, and its his car to do as he wishes. But I feel pain when a good car is stripped and the remains goes to the crusher. Again, it's his car to do whatever he chooses, but I would think someone would be willing to pay a fair price for a car as nice as the pictures portray. John
Old January 8th, 2012 | 05:04 PM

vista cuiser

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Lee, I think back to a couple years ago when the owner of a numbers matching 1971 W30 couldn't sell it for what he thought he should get. So he parted the engine compartment and said he was building a drag car out of the shell. He got a pile of money for the correct carb, distributor, heads, etc. but that was a nice car that is now gone. Over the years I've parted a lot of car and a few I wish I hadn't. That also includes four 70-72 rusty Vista Cruisers. I had a hard time selling the Vista only parts and still have a pile inside my shed. John's car looks nice, and its his car to do as he wishes. But I feel pain when a good car is stripped and the remains goes to the crusher. Again, it's his car to do whatever he chooses, but I would think someone would be willing to pay a fair price for a car as nice as the pictures portray. John
i have done this before and it is a hard and tedious process.
in no shape or form will this car go to the crusher, when i am done , i assure all of you that. the tub and frame will not.... be cut up. the final remains will be better than alot of other projects out there. stay tuned i will show you. not going to happen overnight. hopefully we all will benefit from this. spring will start the other project and i need some parts for that
thanks for your concerns
john s fry
Old January 8th, 2012 | 05:10 PM

window

Originally Posted by f-85
Im loosing my window of opportunity LOL My buddy is coming over at noon. I wont have him available for another week.

josh
i am sorry, my safelite glass guy worked late sat and was unheard of today. i am sorry but i am waiting on him. he is pulling all the glass.
i could pull it out but i trust him.
i apoligize, and when it is pulled i will meet you halfway to save a llittle.
sorry again but , i will try my best to get it done
i did leave you a voicemail today also
john
Old January 8th, 2012 | 06:10 PM

John and John: I am getting some minor action on my vista cruiser. Under three thousand for a three seat, California rust free (even the top), new engine vista cruiser seem to boggle the mind. But it is a green with green car too. Actually to be truthful I have not even received an offer that I could say "no that is too low". I will get it cleaned out tomorrow and running again and hopefully all the posts and ad will shake out a buyer. I still think it is crazy that selling a pair of rust free 1970 fenders and the 12 bolt 3:23 rear will bring almost as much as the entire car together. Interesting discussion. By the way John #1 I am a bit embarrassed by all of the cars I parted but they were all 20+ years ago. Lee
Attached Images
ebay 001.jpg (57.8 KB, 35 views)
Old January 8th, 2012 | 06:56 PM

John and John: I am getting some minor action on my vista cruiser. Under three thousand for a three seat, California rust free (even the top), new engine vista cruiser seem to boggle the mind. But it is a green with green car too. Actually to be truthful I have not even received an offer that I could say "no that is too low". I will get it cleaned out tomorrow and running again and hopefully all the posts and ad will shake out a buyer. I still think it is crazy that selling a pair of rust free 1970 fenders and the 12 bolt 3:23 rear will bring almost as much as the entire car together. Interesting discussion. By the way John #1 I am a bit embarrassed by all of the cars I parted but they were all 20+ years ago. Lee
Where's Rob? That looks like a great car for him.
Old January 8th, 2012 | 10:56 PM

vista

hi lee,
i have seen it advertised for quite awhile as i do my daily nationwide search and looks really solid.
should be an easy sale, lots of new colors out there to get rid of the period correct color.i will pass it on to my friend in prescott, az
Old January 9th, 2012 | 07:22 AM

josh
i am sorry, my safelite glass guy worked late sat and was unheard of today. i am sorry but i am waiting on him. he is pulling all the glass.
i could pull it out but i trust him.
i apoligize, and when it is pulled i will meet you halfway to save a llittle.
sorry again but , i will try my best to get it done
i did leave you a voicemail today also
john

John

I got your voicemail. Sh*t happens. I understand Its cool. Im just gonna finish up on it. Get it up for sale. If i still have the vista next weekend maybe ill get it then. Thanks

Josh
Old January 19th, 2012 | 05:22 PM
Registered Luser

Inside rear tailgate stainless...

John, would your vista happen to have these, and if so, are they for sale? Thanks...
Old January 19th, 2012 | 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by starfire
Where's Rob? That looks like a great car for him.
Yep, i tried a while back, but would not take any offers. Parts only.
Liked the color, more points for being a repaint with low rust.
Oh, well, the quest for the Holly Vista continues...
Old January 19th, 2012 | 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Yep, i tried a while back, but would not take any offers. Parts only.
Liked the color, more points for being a repaint with low rust.
Oh, well, the quest for the Holly Vista continues...
Hello to Rob and John and all! Just to let you know, the 1970 Vista Cruiser offered by the fellow named Lorenzo is still up for grabs! Regards, Howie
Old January 19th, 2012 | 05:43 PM

inside tail gate stainless

Originally Posted by ent72olds
John, would your vista happen to have these, and if so, are they for sale? Thanks...
yes the interior is complete, i will check condition and get back to you.
thanks for the interest
john s fry
Old January 19th, 2012 | 05:44 PM

I have a good driver 72 vista im gonna put up for sale tomorrow or sat at the latest.
Old January 25th, 2012 | 09:20 PM
Registered Luser

yes the interior is complete, i will check condition and get back to you.
thanks for the interest
john s fry
John, have you had a chance to check on these...thanks!