Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

What I posted on Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2012, 10:48 PM

What I posted on Craigslist

No longer Up for Sale, All original 1964 Olds. Starfire.

This is a two owner car, that is all there except for the Jack, spare tire and tire tool.

It is

equipped with a 345-horsepower 394-cubic-inch Rocket V-8 that generates 440 pound-feet of torque

It is equipped with bucket seats, which are in white leather trim, and a center console with a tachometer mounted on top along with a floor shifter. It has a Hydra-Matic automatic transmission, power steering, crank windows, crank vent windows, electric clock, brushed aluminum trim and black carpet.
The car is not running and will need to be restored. It will start and run with an outside fuel source. (needs new rubber fuel lines to the stainless steel lines from the tank.)
This is an almost rust free car. surface rust and one spot of rust on passenger floorboard.
There is one Big dent in front driverside fender but other then that it is straight Body. Dash has been removed to rewire and rebuild air manifold but it is all there.
Please I need no help selling this so don't call
Only serious inquires, no money, no rides, no BS.
$13000 Is the Blue book value for this car I will entertain ALL Reasonable Offers.
I don't need Help selling and No I will not take a check for more then the agreed upon price. If you pay with a check You will receive Item once the check clears all Banks.
Tobie 918 399 1579

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2714394153

Last edited by customroddr; January 24th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
"I reckon so!"

Well, since no one else wanted to offend you, I will be straight up with you and say your price is WAY over what the car is worth.

that may be why it isn't selling.

Re-evaluate your calculations on value and be REALISTIC on its condition.

My $.02.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

For Sale or not for sale??

Tobie: That's a really confusing ad you posted.
No longer Up for Sale, All original 1964 Olds. Starfire.
then:
$13000 Is the Blue book value for this car I will entertain ALL Reasonable Offers.
If I read between the lines, I think you mean it's now for sale privately on C.O. and it's not for sale on CL anymore? Well at least you're negotiable to reasonable offers. Only remember one thing? What might sound reasonable to someone else might not sound reasonable to you. Hope you don't have any sentimental attachment to the car, because that can really get in the way of a sale. Don't ask how I know.

It's a nice looking car. Good luck. With the car being apart and body damage that is a high price. I looked it up in the NADA price guide because I couldn't find KBB values back that far.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM
"I reckon so!"

Allan, agreed.

It is a pretty cool car though. And a great car and candidate for restoration.

But, it needs restoration.