Rallye 350 value

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Rallye 350 value

Hello,

This is my first post here on classicoldsmobile.com and I'm hoping some of you can give me a little advice as to the value of my Rallye. It’s an F-85 Rallye (post car), and it is complete down to the Ram Air breather and original spoiler, although in need of full restoration. The hood is an aftermarket piece, as the original was damaged in an accident. In fact the car is sitting in primer right now and needs body work before painting, but that’s really the worst of it. The interior is in decent shape and could be left as-is, but really could use door panels (yeah I know, good luck finding F-85 door panels), seat upholstery (seats are currently covered in velour, though in good shape), and new carpet to make it show worthy. The engine and drivetrain (both original and #s matching) are in great shape, but are slightly modified with headers, a small cam, converter, intake, etc…it runs and drives fine, although it’s been sitting in a garage for the better part of 8 years with the occasional spin around the block.

The car is in Tennessee and I have since moved to Anchorage, AK and I have decided I think it's time to let the car go to someone who will restore it the way it should be. It has been in my family for the better part of twenty years, so I’m reluctant to let it go, but it really is a very decent car and someone needs to be enjoying it, and I just don't have the capability or desire to restore it the way it deserves to be.

Do any of you have any idea what a Rallye in this condition might be worth? I understand it’s hard to guage without seeing it, but believe me when I say the car is complete…it even has factory AC. I would say it is around a #4 car, but only because of the body work/paint/stripes needed. May really be closer to #3 than #4 but I'll call it #4 to be safe.

Any thoughts, comments, or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'll have some pics available soon.
Q
Old June 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM

Send Pics larry@vintageozarks.com
Old June 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM

Will send them as soon as I have them.