Cruise Control Interchange

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Cruise Control Interchange

I am trying to figure out what Cruise Control parts interchange. I have a 1967 cutlass and have purchased some olds royal cruise control parts do any parts interchange? Do any other gm cruise control parts interchange?

Thank you,
Scott
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by sbasinger@hotmail.com
I am trying to figure out what Cruise Control parts interchange. I have a 1967 cutlass and have purchased some olds royal cruise control parts do any parts interchange? Do any other gm cruise control parts interchange?
By "Olds Royal" I presume you mean "Royale," which would mean a Delta 88. Olds starting using the Royale name with the 1969 model year and continued using it for many years after, so it would be very helpful to know what the YEAR of the Royale is you took the parts off of. I don't know that parts from the full-size cars will fit the A-bodies, but the farther from 1967 the parts you have, the less likely they will.
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:53 PM

I was told these were off a 1967 that was parted out years ago ....but he said he parted the car out 20 years ago and saved these parts...I only paid $20 in hopes that some of the parts would be usable.
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:58 PM

Looking back at my emails the seller stated that "This unit came out of my first car- 1967 Delmont 88 2 door hardtop that was my aunts."
Old March 5th, 2019, 05:07 PM

That speed control switch with the rotary dial is from a '67 full-size (maybe other years near that, too), but the Cutlasses used a button mounted in the end of the turn signal stalk. You would have to cut a hole in the dash somewhere to mount that switch. The part in your first photo looks like the regulator that would mount under the hood. A cable runs from the transmission to the regulator and then from the regulator to the speedometer, so you would need those cables. You also need a vacuum source for the regulator, which is not hard to find, but, more importantly, you also need the vacuum servo that actually operated the accelerator linkage. I don't see that in your photos. I see three photos of the dash switch and one of the regulator. Without the servo, you can't do anything.

I think you need to keep looking for a complete setup that actually came from another A-body Olds of that year. That way you'll have the correct brackets to mount everything on, which is just important as the components themselves, at least if you want a factory look.

Last edited by jaunty75; March 5th, 2019 at 05:12 PM.