98 olds 1976 - trunk will not open

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM

98 olds 1976 - trunk will not open

Trunk will not open on my 1976 olds 98. Car does not have a battery, does it need a battery to open the trunk with the key? I know it will need a battery if I want to use the power button.
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by ckpksp
Trunk will not open on my 1976 olds 98. Car does not have a battery, does it need a battery to open the trunk with the key? I know it will need a battery if I want to use the power button.
Hello fellow '76 98 owner!! Yes you will need a battery to use the power trunk feature but you can always use the key. Keep in mind that the ignition key has to be in the run position for the power trunk to operate.

It looks like you're new to Classic Oldsmobile and I am always psyched to see other '76 98 people on here so tell us some more about your car and please post some pics. I have 2 '76 Regency Coupes and there are a fair amount of us on this site with the same cars. You will get lots of great information from people on here so stick with us!
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM

1976 Olds 98 - For Sale

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am a new user and have a 1976 Olds 98 that belonged to my Grandpa, it has been garaged all its life and has not been driven for the last 10 years. Actually I am getting ready to sell it, so if anybody is interested in this Red 2 door beauty I will be posting some pictures in the near future.
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am a new user and have a 1976 Olds 98 that belonged to my Grandpa, it has been garaged all its life and has not been driven for the last 10 years. Actually I am getting ready to sell it, so if anybody is interested in this Red 2 door beauty I will be posting some pictures in the near future.
OK great. Where are you and the car located? What else can you tell us about the car? Mileage, interior, options, condition, history, etc would all be great. Do you know if your grandfather had any spare parts for it? I have had these cars for a very long time and I know a lot about them so please feel free to ask any questions you want on here.

John
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM

Thumbs up

Yeah, Ditto what '76 Says and suggests! Heck, toss a battery in your Grandpa's Ninety-Eight and get 'er runnin' again -- get online support & Tech Tips etc. here; drive it for awhile; you never know -- you JUST might find out why your Grand Dad Loved his big Olds so much! They ride and drive smoother than anything on the road today and you're safer than just about anything else you could drive today either...think about it; ANYBODY can drive a brand-new car/suv etc. you'd really have something unique/different that is likely to appreciate in value as you drive it.... Free Country; do what you wish or need to and if you really must sell it; we'll do our best to get it to a good home for ya! Best of luck!
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:07 PM

You said it Nortown! There really is nothing like driving one of these king of the road cars. They really set a standard for luxury and quality back then. It's a shame there's nothing like these cars in production today but that's why we have to make sure we keep the survivors going strong to remind people of what true American cars really were.
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:53 AM

Hi, do you still have your Ninety Eight? We haven't heard from you in a while.