The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

4 speed cut out???

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM

4 speed cut out???

Hi everyone! The last time I posted a question you guys were very helpful with information so I figured I would try again. does anyone know the best way to cut out the opening for the manual shifter? I am converting my 1967 442 from auto to manual and am not sure how to go about locating the proper location for the shifter cutout in the floor as well as in the firewall for the clutch push rod. I was looking online for pictures or measurements and the closest thing I found was for a 1968 442 which i believe is too different to be accurate. Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Old March 30th, 2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tallpaul67
Hi everyone! The last time I posted a question you guys were very helpful with information so I figured I would try again. does anyone know the best way to cut out the opening for the manual shifter? I am converting my 1967 442 from auto to manual and am not sure how to go about locating the proper location for the shifter cutout in the floor as well as in the firewall for the clutch push rod. I was looking online for pictures or measurements and the closest thing I found was for a 1968 442 which i believe is too different to be accurate. Any help would be appreciated

thanks
they have moving plates for that
Old March 31st, 2018, 06:03 AM

I did the same conversion on my 67 442. The hole in the firewall for the clutch push rod is already there. I bought a 4 speed hump (which is really just a small plate that sits on the floor and makes the hole look neater) from someone parting out a car and he cut out about 4 inches around the hump so all I had to do was lay it on my floor and line it up with the contours of my floor and it was a perfect template. I did this a few years back and unfortunately do not have that piece anymore but my car is still off the frame and currently undergoing body work and I could take some measurements and pictures for you if that will help. Let me know.
Paul