The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie with thanks!

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM

Newbie with thanks!

Hello all I joined this site quite a while ago looking for info on my boat motor, well you guys helped me out with a season or 2 of running my 394 in my Sanger v-drive! Now I am back on the site to go through the proper channels of unloading my 2 394's. Back in September I snapped the crank in half on my '62 394, I found a '63 394 with hopes of putting the motor back together (I got alot of compliments with the early Olds motor) but the "virgin" motor that I found was not! The crank had been turned to 0.20 and had a knick in it so my engine builder told me to can the Olds project and put my already built BBChevy in the boat (try to go easy on me here guys) I had hoped on building a blown injected 394 to go with the nostalgia look of the boat, but now I am going to run an injected (Crower, Hilbourn stacks) BBC.

Here are a few pictures (hopefully) of my Wood Deck Sanger with the 394 in it, the valve covers, timing cover have been sold, the magneto is sale pending. I would like to off the rest of these 2 motors, I will send or post any pictures that you want and everything about these motors are "make offer". I enjoyed the motor while I used it, now I need to enjoy the new motor (by selling what I can to build it), and hopefully some guys on here can get some use out of something.

Moderators, please let me know if this is acceptable, and/or put this in its right place.

Thanks, Sam
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Sorry my pics are too big, I need to figure out how to resize and then put them up. Any idea on how to do that?
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM

O.K. try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
small pix1.jpg (56.3 KB, 13 views)
small pix 2.jpg (58.8 KB, 10 views)
small pix 3.jpg (66.8 KB, 9 views)
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Past Administrator

I like it! You had quite a set up there, sorry to hear about the demise of the 394s. Was that a magneto in place of the distributor or just a mallory distributor? And is that some kind of rubber sock/boot to put over the top of it?
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM

Sweet

I had a Donzi once in another life.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Sorry to hear about the death of the 394's. Hope someone here picks up the parts. Made a great looking boat with that Olds. Now you will just have another big block chevy like everyone else. Not flaming just the facts.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
I like it! You had quite a set up there, sorry to hear about the demise of the 394s. Was that a magneto in place of the distributor or just a mallory distributor? And is that some kind of rubber sock/boot to put over the top of it?
Joe Hunt Magneto