General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Newbie here.

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Newbie here.

New forum member here, & just thought I'd say "hey" from the state of PA!

I joined the forum because I acquired an '82 Olds Cutlass Supreme in '08. I bought it from a buddy of mine who bought it at an estate sale. The elderly lady that owned it had passed away. I am the 3rd owner. It's pretty clean and pretty much original everything. She kept it garaged, then my buddy kept it garaged... so basically it's been garage kept since new up until I bought it in 2008. It has 61,000 original miles on it. The paint, finish, chrome, vinyl top, weatherstripping, dash, interior, etc. are in really good condition for it's age. It's the 4-door sedan Cutlass Supreme. The motor is the 3.8 liter / 231 ci Buick V6 VIN code "A". Unfortunately, it currently is my primary vehicle. Eventually and if I can afford to, I'd like like to get another vehicle and put the Olds in a garage, under a car port, or at least put a quality cover over it and drive it soley for pleasure on weekends.

A bit about me... I live in South Central PA. When not spending WAY too much time online, (and not at work), I enjoy going to local sprint car races.

Hope to back here soon! Matter of fact, I LIKELY will be... with a tech question or so.
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the site , nice find good luck with it
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Welcome to the site , nice find good luck with it
Thank you much, citcapp! Tell ya what... it isn't the '60s "muscle-type", and it ain't a 2-door with a V8, and it isn't a pre-sixties antique, but I sincerely enjoy driving it, looking at it, working on it, and polishing it. If it's practical for me to garage it or cover it in the near future, then that's pretty much my intention. We all know times are tough currently, and I just took a 10% paycut... but regardless if I have to keep driving it daily, OR can afford another vehicle and park the Olds until the weekend Sunday drives, I intend on treating him the best I can. I'm 37 years old... yet some of the younger 16-17-18-etc. year old drivers in my area do a "double take", and often ask me about the car and compliment it. A few folks older than me ask about it and compliment it as well. I just got here to the computer a few minutes ago. Before that, I was out applying the Meguiar's Vinyl cleaner/conditioner to the vinyl top. The top is what worries me the most when it comes to exposure to the elements.

Chad
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by 82 Grocery Getter
Thank you much, citcapp! Tell ya what... it isn't the '60s "muscle-type", and it ain't a 2-door with a V8, and it isn't a pre-sixties antique, but I sincerely enjoy driving it, looking at it, working on it, and polishing it.
Hey Chad, understand your sentiment precisely. I nice Oldsmobile, whatever it's age and configuration should be a pleasure to the owner. We are represented fairly well here by all models and vintages except maybe the most recent ones just before Oldsmobile was dropped by GM.
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Hey Chad, understand your sentiment precisely. I nice Oldsmobile, whatever it's age and configuration should be a pleasure to the owner. We are represented fairly well here by all models and vintages except maybe the most recent ones just before Oldsmobile was dropped by GM.
That's good to hear, Dan! I grow more fond of the car every day!

Chad