The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New Guy on the block

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2017, 09:58 AM

New Guy on the block

Hello to all. I joined the forum today. I do not have an olds YET, but I am looking for one. I am looking to getting a cutlass S or 442 soon. I am looking for a project car. All the ones that I've seen are automatic lol

I will continue to search for it.........patience I guess

I AM LOCATED IN CHICAGO AND WILLING TO TRAVEL.......DEPENDING....

Last edited by Rosco920; September 21st, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:09 AM

Welcome...you should post a location so those with potential projects (like me) can let you know.

Depending on how original you want your car to be, you can consider aftermarket conversion kits and updated 5 speed transmissions...
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:19 AM

Welcome to CO

our cars for sale and cars wanted section will help you find one. The members here have reputations that can be checked by looking at their past posts and threads or just asking other members. Oldsmobilecentral is another tool. You can get on there and set up automatic emails to you when the car your looking for is added to that site. I see by the post above you already found someone with a project you may be interested in.
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by VI Cutty
Welcome...you should post a location so those with potential projects (like me) can let you know.

Depending on how original you want your car to be, you can consider aftermarket conversion kits and updated 5 speed transmissions...
Thanks for the advice. I edited the post . I am located in Chicago. I thought the conversion kit was extremely expensive so I sought after manual only.
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gary M
our cars for sale and cars wanted section will help you find one. The members here have reputations that can be checked by looking at their past posts and threads or just asking other members. Oldsmobilecentral is another tool. You can get on there and set up automatic emails to you when the car your looking for is added to that site. I see by the post above you already found someone with a project you may be interested in.
Thanks for the advice! I will look in the classified section and also set up a WTB post. I will check the other source as well.
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Good luck in your quest.
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:44 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Good luck with your search... You came to the right place to help in your search efforts...