The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Who's good for parts?..and other stuff.

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
...should get a life....

Who's good for parts?..and other stuff.

G'day.
Scanning thru a few threads I see that not all Olds parts dealers are on the level and feedback from users about who's good and who isn't can save other users a world of pain from dealing with schmucks. Just one of many benefits from a forum like CO.com and what a good forum it is.
Its particularly difficult when you're 100% reliant on the internet and on the other side of the planet. No such thing as Olds parts shops down here.
So my first question (and it follows on from an earlier thread about a RH mirror for the 67 convertible I'm bringing down here) is do we know the following parts dealer and is he reliable? Yep...he has mirrors.I want to be able to settle into dealing with just a couple of contacts who I know I can trust.
Secondly: Who are the "good guys" in the business for quality, reliability and a fare price?
The next question is about the wheels on my car. Were they a 67 item or are they from a later year? I suspect later.
And lastly,...the car is finally on the way from S.C to Cal on the first leg of its epic journey down under. May God be with her!

The place with the mirrors is:
Ron's Classic Cutlass, located in N.W. Indiana has over 350 Cutlass and 4-4-2 parts cars and thousands of N.O.S. New G.M. parts for 1964 to 1988 cars. Sheet metal, emblems, switches, chrome and lots more. Phone 574-583-9763 or fax 574-583-2009 Ron's Classic Cutlass, 3711 E. Lake Rd. 28W, Monticello, IN 47960 EMAIL classiccutlass@monti.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
67 Olds loaded 006.jpg (149.2 KB, 31 views)
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Ron's Classic Cutlass is a very good supplier. I would recommend him. I purchased a RT rear pot metal chrome piece for my '67 442 convertible from him and was VERY pleased with the quality of the piece. He seems to be an up front guy and is listed in Fusick's catalog as one of their recommended suppliers. You need a Fusick's catalog, too. They know their stuff.
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM

Nice '67 and I like the color. Same as mine except mine has a rust tint to it. The wheels on a '67 442 were SSi which appear to be what you have. I can't really tell from the picture of it on the transporter.

This is the progress on mine.

Old September 12th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Oldsdruid

He has good stuff if you don't mind his rapacious prices. Same for Originality Plus in California.

x2 on Fusick www.fusick.com for reproduction parts. You can download and print their catalog online. They ship internationally too.

Ken Reese in Florida is a good and knowledgeable Olds parts source, but I think ebay is about all he does now.
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
...should get a life....

[quote=Jay D;107313]Nice '67 and I like the color. Same as mine except mine has a rust tint to it. The wheels on a '67 442 were SSi which appear to be what you have. I can't really tell from the picture of it on the transporter.

Big project !! I'd be keen to keep in touch and watch its progress.
If you double click on the picture (avatar?) below my user name you'll get a good look at the wheels. It would be nice to think they are from '67 because they do look good. I don't know anything about GM wheels (being a prior Mopar dude) so are SSi 's 15 inch and what width?
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by rocketraider
He has good stuff if you don't mind his rapacious prices. Same for Originality Plus in California.

x2 on Fusick www.fusick.com for reproduction parts. You can download and print their catalog online. They ship internationally too.

Ken Reese in Florida is a good and knowledgeable Olds parts source, but I think ebay is about all he does now.
Thanks for that. Know what you mean about his prices but he did match BAP's when I asked the question....and to do that he knocked 30% of his original price. His shipping costs are better than BAPs which is a big deal for me. He was $15 cheaper on posting a mirror to Australia.
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM

It looks as if your wheels are the "rally" style from later years. The SSi are 14x6 or 14x7. Here is a picture of mine. They have not been cleaned up yet.

Old September 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
...should get a life....

[quote=Jay D;107421]It looks as if your wheels are the "rally" style from later years. The SSi are 14x6 or 14x7. Here is a picture of mine. They have not been cleaned up yet.

Yep..most of the restored 67s I looked at had those wheels which are similar to Magnum 500s. A few, including a couple of 442 clones, had the same as mine.
Mate keep in touch. As I said I'm keen to see how your car progresses.
My email is wickhamc@primus.com.au.
Cheers
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:24 AM

Fusick is #1 in my book.

Other great vendors:

TriCity Plating for bumpers

Retro Radio for radio stuff

Steve Gregori for metal plating

The Finishing Touch for trim restoration

Supercars Unlimited for mechanical parts

Rock Auto for the common stuff.

Stay away from: BAP, OPGI, Year One