The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

for sale

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM

for sale

I have a 72 old's cutliss s in thinkin about selling it. It has the 350 rocket all original

Make offer it in purvis mississippi its a fixer up but it is all ther in one pice my # is 601-818-4539 i go by darryl
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Darryl,

The term 'Fixer Upper' has such a wide range of interpretation so I'm just trying to help you with your sale by suggesting all this, ok? A fair number of folks look for project cars but generally like to see what is being offered to 'whet' their appetite a bit.

To help anyone looking for a car like yours, maybe post some pics and what you expect to sell it for. Cars this old tend to have a lot of rust issues if they've been left in the weather or neglected over time. Even if you took some pics of the details and put them on 'the cloud' or another web server with a link for the folks to look at, it would be a great start. Maybe list the options too. Do you hold clean title for it?

Good luck to you on the sale.
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:52 PM
72 Olds CS

LOL mike

here is (slightly) more info from another post

my # is 601-818-4539 i go by darryl
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM

I believe it's the car in his album of his profile page
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Why were you guys so hard on him? There are lots of folks who can't write very well but that's no reason to ridicule him. Help him - yes. Make fun of him? WTH were you thinking? There are lots of times we've gone round the horn on literacy, but the common denominator was always 'Car guys talking to/helping fellow car guys' and we should have learned to work around that by now. He's owned that car for 16 years and though most of the body looks rough it's a decent survivor. By his own words - he loves the car and was thinking about selling it.

Jimmy or Darryl - who cares what he goes by? Likely his middle name is Darryl since his initial is D and there are LOTS of people who choose to go by other than their first names. What's so wrong with that??? He's a newbie who was putting out feelers to sell his car and didn't really understand how the site works. Surely you can see how new he is by looking at his profile? Join date March 22, 2013 - 3 posts on the site??? His first 2 posts were in the wrong area and he got chastised for it. Now he puts his ad (and 3rd post ever) in the right place and gets this welcome?

Go ahead and label me what you want, but the belittling that went on with his attempt to sell his car is not a good characterization of this sites members; and IMO those who did it should be embarrassed and apologetic.

FYI I just looked up his profile and there are pics of the car there. I've seen a lot worse offered for sale here and elsewhere. And his bio is simple About Jimmy d mcphail

Up to you, but I think some PM apologies are due and retraction of those ridiculing comments is in order. Just saying.

Last edited by Allan R; April 10th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM

Good day Darryl. Glad to see your back. Are you an avid Olds car guy? Can you post a picture? Lot of people here look for cars in the For Sale section. Post it there for better results. As you can see some of us think we are kind of funny with our comments. Please don't take offense.
As allen pointed out more details are need for you to be able to sell your car. List the price and as many details as practical.
Good luck on the sale
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM

Kudos to you, Allan. Welcome to you, Darryl, and good luck selling your Cutlass.
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM

Well, my intent was certainly not to make the seller feel bad or go away.

I was taking lots of liberties with the language.
Imitation is...

More info would certainly help with any sort of sale...

All kidding aside, sir, welcome and please provide more information as to the exact condition of the car- a car w/o huge rust holes is almost impossible to find up north here. And, use whatever language skills you can or care to!
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:38 PM

I love olds cutliss and realy dont want to sale it i was affered a 1.000$ last year for it i just couldint sale it but i just hate seeing it sitting there the drivr side has more rust around the wheel l need to get it in a born it has the gold 350 with a 2barol carb 3 seed aut tranz all ariginal even the olds radio is still in it

Last edited by Jimmy d mcphail; April 24th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM

I do have the title and the pic is in my album i don't realy know how to work this sit yet
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Welcome and good luck. Better someone gets it and does something with it, then rust away or junked. Maybe someone you know can hold it out of the elements for you until you can tackle it.

Well said Allen.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:42 AM

I have a buyer hes coming to get it his week-end may b it'll have a good home
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:31 PM

I hope you got it sold so someone can make good use of it.
Let us know if the sale is successful!
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:48 PM

I hope he buys it if not its going to rust away i don't want that to happen it a olds the real car not a can