The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

restoring my 98 1982 4dr

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2015, 07:58 AM

Cool restoring my 98 1982 4dr

I have looked everywhere for an olds 98. I finally found one but needs lots of help. Body is in good shape motor and tranny are good but interior is just bad. I am asking where can I start looking for all the inside panels for the car and possible front door panels as well. I am already replacing the headliner as well as carpet. Thank guys.
Old July 17th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Welcome,

Unfortunately you're pretty much on your own when it comes to the big cars.

You'll need to find someone with a private stash - parting something out - swap meet - ebay etc etc.

Those door panels were sharp (and Ninety Eight only), but they often don't age well in cars that didn't live in a more climate controlled environment. The upper woodgrain section fades/peels & often that whole panel will suffer from stress cracks.

The IP trim panels if you need some, will be an easier find as you can use stuff from a Delta 88 or Custom Cruiser SW as well (center panel will have an extra switch cutout). The panels did change some over the years.

Not sure what else you might need.

Get a list together of what you need & you can post in the parts wanted section.

Don't be afraid to post some pix of your car.
Old July 17th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. As noted, these cars are not popular for restoration, so there are virtually no repro parts. Good used is about your only option. You can get the "mouse fur" headliner material and recover your headliner board. Unfortunately it can be a challenge to get the fiberglass board in and out of the car, as it was installed through the windhield opening on the assembly line.