The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Redd Pittman

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:03 PM

Redd Pittman

I have a very nice 1970 Olds 442 and purchased it from the original owner about 7 years ago. He said he bought it from the local hometown dealership in Wilson, NC. The car is a 2 dr. hardtop, 455, auto. AC. Here is my question, this gentlemen said the original color on this car is painted white top and a black ebony bottom, white interior. He purchased the car brand new. How many of you have ever heard of this paint scheme.
Old April 5th, 2016, 10:57 PM

Two tone paint was an option and can be confirmed by the data tag. Welcome and post pics.
Old April 6th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Redd Pittman
I have a very nice 1970 Olds 442 and purchased it from the original owner about 7 years ago. He said he bought it from the local hometown dealership in Wilson, NC. The car is a 2 dr. hardtop, 455, auto. AC. Here is my question, this gentlemen said the original color on this car is painted white top and a black ebony bottom, white interior. He purchased the car brand new. How many of you have ever heard of this paint scheme.
Two tone paint was a factory option under RPO code D99. It used the same chrome trim as the vinyl top to cover the line where the two colors meet. My 1968 W-30 has the opposite two-tone paint (black top, white bottom).