The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Olds Noobie Here

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2022, 08:33 PM

Olds Noobie Here

Hey y'all, I have an 88' cutlass Ciera XC Special Edition 3.8L V6 and I am super curious if any heads out there know it's true value! I've tried google research but come back with people saying it's 'super rare'. It has all electric seats and windows/doors. It's in good shape on the body just needs a good paint job. It has about 4k under 100k on the odometer. Interior needs refurnished, dome fabric taken out because it was done poorly. I think somebody could turn this into a really nice ride! I'm just in a rut after losing my home to a fire and need to sell this thing. Coming here first so I can get an honest opinion from an olds enthusiast.

Last edited by SkyDawg; January 23rd, 2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old January 24th, 2022, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site. Rarity sometimes does not equate to value. It is not very high up on the collectivity list, I'll say your car is worth around $500.
Old January 24th, 2022, 07:39 AM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Having had several early Cieras in my past (currently own a 96), they are good economy drivers and okay from an esthetics standpoint.... If your body is very good to excellent and the drive train has no major issues, i would say $1000 may not be unreasonable...
Old January 24th, 2022, 07:52 AM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. As noted, "rare" doesn't equate to "valuable". The XC was an appearance package on the base Ciera SL coupe that used the plastic side skirts from the International Series with some special tape stripes. It was originally intended to commemorate the 90th anniversary of Oldsmobile (XC is 90 in roman numerals), but Olds offered the package in model years 1988-1990, so that kind of diluted the effect. There were no special mechanicals with the XC package, but you could order anything available on the normal Ciera order form. It's not a bad looking car as far as 80s FWD cars go, but it isn't going to set a sales record at Barrett Jackson, either. Drive it and enjoy it.