The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

NVA Newbie

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2011, 05:36 AM

NVA Newbie

Hey Folks,
New to this Forum looks like a good one. I just picked up a 70 442 that is 80% restored. Some of you might have seen this car on Ebay. The body was pulled, framed painted, new full quarters, trunk pan and floors and front end redone. The 455 has been rebuilt 60 over with a new turbo 400 new driveshaft and the rear was redone. All new brake system (everything). New gas tank and lines and a new wiring harness! The previous owner really new what he was doing.
I have all the parts to finish except I need the following;
A hood, Bumpers, windshield, exhaust from manifolds back and the interior redone. I will check the 'for sale' area or if anyone has them please let me know. I am in N.VA. By the way, my user name is from my first Cutlass in college which was a Cutlass Supreme with a 455.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
442one.jpg (58.9 KB, 44 views)
0313111640.jpg (59.7 KB, 52 views)
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard.

North Vietnamese Army ??????????????????
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:54 AM

Welcome

Looks like you have a nice project. I just discovered this site about a month ago...it has a wealth of information! You'll have to post pics as you continue restoring it.
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Registered

Welcome.

North Vietnamese Army?
My three tour Viet Nam vet brother told me that their rifles were like brand new, dropped once and never fired.

Northern Virginia?
If you see a middle aged guy walking around while he's working a slide rule and mumbling to himself at any car parts swap meets in that area we know who he is.
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista

Northern Virginia?
If you see a middle aged guy walking around while he's working a slide rule and mumbling to himself at any car parts swap meets in that area we know who he is.

Blue,

I think this guy may be my new best friend. Let's get together a parts list for the next time Joe. P. goes to France.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Oldsdruid

But he would come back weet ze Citroen ou Renoh parts, no? Maybe ze Poojoe ou ze Feeaht?

Ou pairhaps un skunk sans Pew?

Pepe LePew to self- "I must fahnd out what zees waird 'pew' means"

Upon finding out: "Oh no- can eet be, Pepe, zat you are a Pew?"
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by CS455
I am in N.VA. By the way, my user name is from my first Cutlass in college which was a Cutlass Supreme with a 455.
Welcome. Let me encourage you to join the Capital City Rockets, the DC area chapter of the Olds Club of America. Our first event, the Spring Dust-Off, will be held Apr 16 in Leesburg, VA. You'll find more info here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...ets/events.htm

Originally Posted by rocketraider
But he would come back weet ze Citroen ou Renoh parts, no? Maybe ze Poojoe ou ze Feeaht?
Yeah, funny thing, I was thinking that I need a car over there, too. Wouldn't mind an old Fiat Spyder. That will keep me off the streets...
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. It looks like a good solid start on a nice project.
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Welcome to CO

Congrats on the new toy.
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Welcome. Let me encourage you to join the Capital City Rockets, the DC area chapter of the Olds Club of America. Our first event, the Spring Dust-Off, will be held Apr 16 in Leesburg, VA. You'll find more info here:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...ets/events.htm

Yeah, funny thing, I was thinking that I need a car over there, too. Wouldn't mind an old Fiat Spyder. That will keep me off the streets...
Thanks for the nice welcome. Money is tight and good parts are $$$ as you all know so this will take a while. I am interested in the Capital City Rockets but the car wont be ready in time. Thanks for the invitation I will be sure to join. Below is a pic of my old Cutlass Supreme with a 455 from a 70 Olds 98.
Attached Images
CS 455.jpg (73.9 KB, 19 views)
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Olds Nut

Hey CS455 are you still around?
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Yup. Still around. Just saving money for a good painter and collecting parts.
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM

A good glass shop can help with all your glass needs. Any muffler shop can handle the exhaust sys.also.
Bumpers are on Ebay all the time.
Other items, just start a want ad in the parts section and other will help you out.

Gene
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks! Managed to get some bumpers this summer from Bumper Boyz. Installed a 2.5" X pipe exhaust from Pypes Performance which sounds great and I did get a lead on a local glass shop. Found a company in PA that made a really nice repro W30 hood for me. I have done most of the interior and doors with Dynamat Extreme.
Looking for a good paint shop!! Anybody know of a good shop in N VA or within a few hours drive from the DC Metro area?
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CS455
Thanks! Managed to get some bumpers this summer from Bumper Boyz. Installed a 2.5" X pipe exhaust from Pypes Performance which sounds great and I did get a lead on a local glass shop. Found a company in PA that made a really nice repro W30 hood for me. I have done most of the interior and doors with Dynamat Extreme.
Looking for a good paint shop!! Anybody know of a good shop in N VA or within a few hours drive from the DC Metro area?
Yeah, Classic Automotive in Manassas, can look at plenty of their' work as examples, did my clone, turned out real nice. Not cheap, but you get more than what you pay for. Owner is Jim, you can mention Mike referred, you will be treated well...

Attached Images
FinalPics01.jpg (308.5 KB, 7 views)