The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie from Southern California

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM

Newbie from Southern California

Well it's been a long time coming (28 yrs.) but I'm finally gonna get the "Green Tamborine" on her journey to getting back on the road again. She's a '66 442 Holiday Coupe. Forest Mist with black interior and 4-speed console power brake car with tri-carb. Wish me luck and thanks already to Ron Roth.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Welcome! I'm from Southern California! Good to see another Californian here!
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Welcome, also from California but the far north. What are the issues with your car that took 28 years to overcome and I gotta ask where did the name Green Tambourine come from?.....Tedd
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Thank you for the welcomes... as for how long it took to get back to this car, life... raising kids and other cars. I have an '85 Roush prepared Lincoln Mark VII that they did back in the day. They pulled the 302 fuel injected and the automatic and put in a 351 H.O. with a 5-speed trans along with suspension mods and a "Cars and Concepts" ground effects package and BBS wheels. The car is all "blacked out" except for the horsecollar around the grill. They called it a GTC. Also I have been playing with a '97 Mustang Cobra. Added a Procharger with 3 core intercooler, complete Moser rear-end 4:10 gears 60 lb. injectors, frame rails tied, complete Flowmaster exhaust from manifolds back and bigger MAF and Cobra R chrome wheels all around with 275's on the front and 315's on the back. Got the SCT Pro-Racer software, data logging device and AFR meter and wrote my own program for the ECM. I bought the car new, sold it 5 years ago and bought it back last year. Runs like a Btch... Now to the name for my girl "Green Tambourine". She got her name from my buddies first new car back in the day. He ordered it in the Forest Mist with black vinyl top, L69 with the tach. We had a ball with that car and since it's long gone I figured it would be a fitting tribute. I had a '67 442 convertibe auto p/s p/b air and p/w that we called "The Ten" 4+4+2=10....
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM

Welcome to the forum!!