The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie From NY

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Newbie From NY

Finally made it on! Hi all. The name here is Billy. I live in the Bronx, NY and have an 86' Olds Cutlass Supreme that I bought about 5 years ago with 53,000 original miles on the odometer. It had been sitting for two years before I bought it and wasn't being driven. The car is in need of bodywork and paint but the interior is in very nice shape. The motor was rebuilt 3 years ago after having spun a bearing, and I had the tranny rebuilt 1-1/2 years ago before trailering my bike down to Tennessee to ride for a week. I had them add a tranny cooler and shift kit and I personally added the cargo springs, shocks, and trailer hitch myself. The motor has just about 30,000 miles on it after the rebuild and runs great. It's never left me stranded......yet. While waiting for my membership to be activated, I've been looking through the site and marveling at all the great Oldsmobiles here. I look forward to learning more from you guys and also being able to contribute what I can about some G-Body stuff. Thanks for having me along! By the way, this is what she looked like when I first got her home.........
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Hello from NY

Well I finally retired and bought myself a classic car for my retirement. A 71 olds cutlas mod S badged 442. Needs a little TLC has a rebuilt motor, board out 40 over with only 400 miles on it and was restored 9 years ago, ( i guess they forgot to do the motor then?). Looking for help and a new community of friends.
Old October 27th, 2011, 03:21 AM

Welcome aboard

I didn't notice a Bronx accent
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Thanks James. We never think we have an accent, at least until I went down to North Carolina for the first time. The minute I went into a JR's for some smokes, the guy was like...."Hey, hows things in NYC?" I asked him how he knew I was from NYC. He goes, "are you kidding?" With that accent?!
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site, Billy!
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Welcome, I'm from NYC originally and have no accent! Guess living in Texas for 30 years helped to!
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:17 AM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum from Long Island. Looks like a nice ride, you must have taken pictures of her good side because the body and paint looks pretty good.
Old October 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes Darrell, it looks good in that shot but thats when I first got it. You know how hard it is the live in NY and have something nice parked in the street. It doesn't take long before it takes it's toll on the car. I'll get some more recent shots as soon as it stops raining. She's in definite need of a rebuild!
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM

Welcome!!!! Nice car!!!