The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2015, 08:38 PM

Hello all fellow Olds fanatics. I am new to this forum and have found that there are a ton of Olds freaks still around. My Dad was an Olds guy back in the day. He owned a 56 98 Holiday Sedan, A 64 98 Luxury Sedan and a 67 Demont 88 Sedan. I still have fond memories of all those big block powered cars and learned to drive and took my drivers test on the 64 98. Needless to say, In mid life, I am 55, I suddenly got the itch to get another, Back when I was a teenager and in my younger 20's I owned 2 Big block SS Chevelles, 3 SS Novas and a Z28 Camaro. Funny how at my age I wanna go back to an Oldsmobile. Anyway, Out of curiousity, What is a 70 F85 post car worth in somewhat rough shape. It is a complete vehicle which has no power options but PS and PB. Supposedly original powertrain that runs and drives. Thanks for any input and feedback. Regards, John
Old February 9th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, need a bit more info on overall condition. What part of the country did the car come from, how much rot, anything been done to it,...?
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:32 PM

Welcome to CO! Go for that Olds! Have no idea on value of a 70 F85 post, but cannot imagine it is a lot?
Old February 9th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Eric, According to the Vin it translates to a 1970 Oldsmobile, F85 2 dr. Club Coupe built in the Framingham plant. It was a one family owned car which was sold to the current owner. The interior is all there, but shot except for the dash which has one minor crack on the pad. Body is so so with rot in front of both rear tires which I understand is typical. Some lower rear rot on the bottom of both fenders. Rockers are sound. Some minor rot on the rear edges of the doors. Car is bone stock and has not been driven in 5 or so years but was moved under it's own power to where it sits now. No spark. I looked at it, however due to the fact there was so much snow on the ground I could not get a look at the undercarriage. It had one re spray years ago and it looks like hell. The quarters are straight. No options on this car except Ps and PB. I think it is missing drivers side grill unless it is in the trunk which I could not get into because no key. Any thoughts and input appreciated. The car was and is still in NY.

Last edited by onefineride; February 9th, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old February 11th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Administrator

I'm thinking it's worth about $500-1500, I would have to assume the powertrain needs work also. We are talking major project by your description with it needing about $15k in work, more or less to make it a nice driver, depending on your skill level. I don't know what your expectations of the completed project are.
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:49 AM

A pretty good picture of the car has been painted, a better question may be what do they want for the car? If its solid enough to restore I would say the 1000 dollar range is not out of line. Sounds like its going to need A LOT!