The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2014, 06:02 AM

hey guys, first time on any forum so don't beat me up to bad. I have an all original 47 olds 98 custom cruiser. I will post some pics at some point. I live near pgh, pa. I luv my olds and have blood, sweat and tears into it like you guys but want to drive it more so I had the thought of putting a LT1 in it? I know it sounds crazy but I need some feedback. The straight eight just doesn't provide the need for power/performance. Maybe I just need another project, lol. anyway I also have a few extra parts and possible access to more 47/48 parts so here we go.
thanks oldsie
Old May 18th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Welcome oldsie, post some pictures of your car. If you are looking for more power I would find another project to play with.
Old May 18th, 2014, 06:33 AM

Welcome! Your ride is automotive history. Don't try and rewrite history, get another project!
Old May 19th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Welcome aboard, drop on down to the vintage forum. The guys down there have a ongoing thread (how many 46-48 Olds out there ) or something similar that are doing 46-48 builds.There is a lot more to it than just dropping a LS motor and new transmission in a 70 year old frame and putting it on the road, check it out ....Lost in the fifties...Tedd