The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

newbie 79 98

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM

Talking newbie 79 98

Howdy im a newbie. Ive owned a lot of caddies in my life but about 2 years ago a friend of mine bought a one owner 1979 olds 98 for his daughter but she dident want it [afraid to drive] so he sold it to me and I love that car. Rides like a dream and even though its a two door theres plenty of room for the grandkids and its a total land yaught road trip monster. Last year I ran into a 76 cutlass [one owner] and picked it up for 500 bucks. Ive since sold that one[ kicken myself] . Now Im no mechanic but I can usually keep a car on the road untill I find one and my car needs work but when I start it up and that 403 goes HEY LETS GO!!! I get a chill. Hafta say as a caddy fan these olds are pretty cool and Im torn. I recently moved from Oregon to Washington and had to leave her at my ma's house. Im just praying I can figure out a way to get her up here before the mice eat it but its not looking good so I may have to sell her. But if I dont than there will be lots of work to be done and its cool that there are so many people to get advice from cause once again Im no mechanic. Thats my story so now you know.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Welcome!!!

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site! Where there's a will, there's a way! Hope you can figure something out to get her to you! Tell your ma to put lots of Bounce fabric softener sheets and Irish spring soap in the car everywhere to keep the mice away. Nothing like the ride and feel of the Big Olds'!!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO.
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM

thanks1

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Welcome to our site! Where there's a will, there's a way! Hope you can figure something out to get her to you! Tell your ma to put lots of Bounce fabric softener sheets and Irish spring soap in the car everywhere to keep the mice away. Nothing like the ride and feel of the Big Olds'!!

Hey thanxs for the tip Im goin ther nextmonth and Ill load it up. thanxs again
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Well I have to sell her and the one guy that wants to buy wants her for a demolition derby so Ill post it in classifieds and if anyone needs parts or something act now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Car.jpg (7.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by tripg; November 7th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.