The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM

Hi, I am a mom of triplets, and two of them happen to be 18 year old boys! We have a 1968 Cutlass that they love to drive. I am looking for bucket seat headrests. I have a hard time letting them drive on the highway without them. Next will come better seatbelts.
Any suggestions for headrests would be appreciated. I can buy new black ones through a catalogue and get them recovered. They have the two posts that would fit onto the seat frame, but they look like the adjustment up and down is minimal. I need the headrest to go up 6".

Have enjoyed reading many of the posts on this site!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass.jpg (97.6 KB, 20 views)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Welcome, nice car. The headrests have limited adjustability on the older cars and to be honest are not much of a safety feature.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO, snazzy looking car.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by tripletss05
Hi, I am a mom of triplets, and two of them happen to be 18 year old boys! We have a 1968 Cutlass that they love to drive. I am looking for bucket seat headrests. I have a hard time letting them drive on the highway without them. Next will come better seatbelts.
Any suggestions for headrests would be appreciated. I can buy new black ones through a catalogue and get them recovered. They have the two posts that would fit onto the seat frame, but they look like the adjustment up and down is minimal. I need the headrest to go up 6".

Have enjoyed reading many of the posts on this site!
Headrests were factory optional in 68 and they do adjust up 6". There are mounting tubes that go inside the seat back in addition to the headrests themselves. What's the problem with the stock belts? I would be skeptical of changing, as the stock belts have been tested to federal requirements. I personally like the two-part belts.
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO! I agree with Joe, the two part belts are very nice if you have them.