The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Newbie!

Greetings from the Nations Capital. Since as far back as I can remember, I've always wanted a 1972 Oldsmobile 442 W-30. My 83 Cutlass served me just fine for a number of years. I'm starting to revisit my dream and am hopeful that this forum will provide a wealth of help, information and friends

~Ed
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Welcome and good luck with your quest!
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
*ssholes Garage

Originally Posted by edmck82
Greetings from the Nations Capital. Since as far back as I can remember, I've always wanted a 1972 Oldsmobile 442 W-30. My 83 Cutlass served me just fine for a number of years. I'm starting to revisit my dream and am hopeful that this forum will provide a wealth of help, information and friends

~Ed

Welcome Ed, You will get alot of help from friends here. There is always someone willing to try and help you. Ive been here a short time and find it amazing with the info you can find here. I Have found just about anything else i needed help with by visiting the WILDABOUTCARS.COM website, where you will find service manuals on different models and all sorts neat info that has also helped. Good Luck

Chris
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Justin

Welcome !!! 🚀I know you will find just about anything you want here friends cars parts pic tech tips and once in awhile a smart *** will let you know your over thinking things too much have fun find lots and spend your money and watch it go out the tail pipe .
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi There Ed. So, you live in Ottawa, Ont? There's some other fellow Canucks right close to you.
Welcome aboard! Those 72 W30 machines you're looking for are really quite rare - not a whole lot of them made that year. Beware of scammers - there are a ton of them out there with the car of your dreams.

You might consider buying a 71/72 Cutlass/Cutlass S in good shape and cloning it to what only your dreams limit you to.