The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Smile newbie

Hi Guys and girls my Name is Jodi and in 1966 My grandfather bought a 98 ragtop I was born in 1975 and when ever my grandfather would take me anywhere he always would ask what car I wanted to go in Keep in mine this man usually owned 2 to 3 cars and a pickup truck at anygiven time I would always say Old Blue our nickname for the ragtop 98.when I was about 10 I asked him if he would someday give me the car and we lost grandpa a couple of years ago and he left old blue to me if I could post a picture of it I think you would be amazed as to how well he kept it for me knowing that some day he would pass it on it has a 425 4 barrell and my Husband has been working on it slowly to bring it up to perfect shape
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Welcome, It is great that you can keep a car like that in the family.
Larry
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Welcome to CO

Nothing better then a hand-me-down family car. Your grandpa did you a great service leaving it to you and your showing your apprication by fixing it up. How great is that. Congrats and post some pictures
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Wish I could won't let me
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:14 PM
olds..older..oldest

Originally Posted by old blue
Hi Guys and girls my Name is Jodi and in 1966 My grandfather bought a 98 ragtop I was born in 1975 and when ever my grandfather would take me anywhere he always would ask what car I wanted to go in Keep in mine this man usually owned 2 to 3 cars and a pickup truck at anygiven time I would always say Old Blue our nickname for the ragtop 98.when I was about 10 I asked him if he would someday give me the car and we lost grandpa a couple of years ago and he left old blue to me if I could post a picture of it I think you would be amazed as to how well he kept it for me knowing that some day he would pass it on it has a 425 4 barrell and my Husband has been working on it slowly to bring it up to perfect shape
Jodi,great to have you with us!!Keep that car in the family...friends ask me about selling my 69 442 post coupe,and I just tell 'em..."when I can't drive 'er anymore,she's going to my son [who's just ITCHING for his first chance to drive the beast!!].......Derek
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

Another girl with a car! How nice!! Welcome :3
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO Jodi, your story is really cool and give lots of meaning to your car. You should be able to upload pictures. Just start a post and click on the manage attachments options below the composition box.