The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to the Site

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2017, 02:57 PM

New to the Site

Hello:

New member from White Rock BC and wanted to say thanks in advance for all tips and advice that you are all willing to share with a newbie and new 69 H/O owner (car #466). The body and running gear are in nice shape, but under the hood there are lots of little things (and a few big things) that need attention...but it is perfect for my extended family (brothers and Dad) needs. We are looking forward to being able to attend some of the local events later this summer, and enjoying spending some quality time together doing it.

It is not a numbers matching car, but it is a real H/O and that is what was important for us. When we were little kids, Dad had a new White 68 442 Convertible with a 4 spd that we drove across the USA (Atlantic to Pacific) to visit our Grand Parents and then for the return trip we traveled back using the Canadian route...4 little kids in the back seat of the 442...I don't remember us kids fighting, but I do remember the speed limit sign in Nevada read, "Whatever is Reasonable and Prudent" and that Dad had to have the top up to protect us all from the blistering Sun.

Dad will be 82 this August and while we were looking for another White 442 to bring into the family for his birthday, and we stumbled across this 69 H/O. Now we feel that we are fortunate to have it and we are looking forward to some new adventures in the "White Olds"...pretty sure we all cannot fit in that back seat anymore (lol).

The immediate goal now, is to get the engine compartment looking like a 69 H/O should, and then apply for a set of Collector Plates for the car. The whole family is really looking forward to the first test rides.

Thanks again (in advance) for everyone's help and tips.

Sincerely and very best regards,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1969 Hurst Olds.jpg (42.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by WhiteRockH/O; July 1st, 2017 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Adding new photo.
Old July 1st, 2017, 06:02 PM

Welcome to CO

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the car. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance. We love to see Oldsmobiles, it never gets old.
Old July 1st, 2017, 06:06 PM

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you've got a nice family project started! X2 on the pictures when you have time.

John
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:47 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Good luck with the project and enjoy the family adventures that may go with it...
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:52 PM

Welcome to the site and welcome back to Olds ownership. It sounds like the car has landed in a great place for it to be. Hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of it this summer, and don't forget to hop on a ferry to come over to Vancouver Island for a show or two ;-)
Old July 1st, 2017, 08:17 PM

Hello and welcome

There is a car show in Whiterock next weekend. I'll be at my place in Tsawwassen next week and plan to attend. Perhaps see you there. Send me a PM if you want to connect.

Dave
Old July 1st, 2017, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Cool story, welcome to the site. Now lets see some pictures.
Old July 7th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Nice car, I have a 69 442 I purchased from Oldsmobiledave. I live in Delta. Welcome to the club!