The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New member here

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM

New member here

Signed up a few months back, so hello everyone. I'm located in the Pittsburgh area. I currently own (original owner) a 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham. Past Oldsmobile's included a 2002 Intrigue GL, 2000 Silhouette Premier, and 1979 Cutlass Supreme. The best times were in the early to mid 2000's when we owned the Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham, Intrigue, and Silhouette concurrent, a true all Olds family. Well the Silhouette was traded in on a Freestyle and the Intrigue was passed to my sister-in-laws son (due to inheritance of my dad's car) so back down to one.

I don't drive the Cutlass much, less than 400 miles per year, currently has about 57K on the clock and classic plates. Selling it passes my mind occasionally, with two teenage boys closing in on licenses a usable third car would be helpful. I'd probably regret selling it at some point.

Anyway, nothing I need help with but just enjoy cruising the blogs on occasion. Thanks for having me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass 1.JPG (76.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg
Cutlass.JPG (81.5 KB, 9 views)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Welcome to the forum.You(we) have one of the most comfortable cars ever built
Any plans for another olds in your future?

Ted
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:55 AM

Welcome to CO, redd planet! Nice Oldsmobile. Stick around, you will enjoy it!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:45 AM

Q: Any plans for another olds in your future?

A: As I mentioned, I have one son with his learners permit and another who will be eligible in 3 months. At some point it would be nice to have a "usable" third car. Currently the Cutlass has classic plates / insurance and sits in the garage 340 +/- days of the year. I had an 02 Intrigue GL (incredibly no photos as they are/were on the computer that crashed years ago, with no external backup), was the sandstone/gold color, with the Moon & Tune upgrade (sunroof, leather, and Bose stereo). Enjoyed thoroughly, arguably the most satisfying car I've owned. When my dad passed I inherited his 2003 Vibe. Suddenly four cars for two drivers! I gave the Intrigue to my sister-in-law, for her son to use. Told her before you ever get rid of that car.................

Will I get another Olds? If I could find an 02 Intrigue GL or GLS that knocked my socks off, that would be it. A bonus would be a Final 500.

Last edited by redd_planet; March 3rd, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Welcome, nice car!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:57 AM

Man, don't sell that car! It's beautiful, and it's original to your family! How rare is that!

Get your kids a solid beater, which is what I did when mine were that age, and preserve the Cutlass for the day when they're grown and out of the house, which will happen faster than you think (mine are now 23, 25 and 27, and it seems like only yesterday they were 13, 15, and 17), and you can devote your time and attention to keeping that time capsule in the solid shape it's in!