The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2020, 09:09 AM

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and I am quite certain I will have a lot of questions. I inherited a mountain of problems from my physically and mentally disabled father among them are a 54 Chevy truck and a 68 convertable Firebird. He also has a 71 Oldsmobile Cutlaas Supreme with a 350 Olds Rocket engine. He has owned this car since "73." He has performed extensive work on the vehicle but has left much undone. Luckily for me he has the original shop manual for this vehicle but that only pertains to engine,tranny, axle and brakes. He does not have the Body by Fisher manual. Which is half of the problems I'm dealing with. My mother will enventually sell the vehicle when she obtains the power of attorney.
Bit of background on myself. Did a lot of work on vehicles in my younger years including an engine rebuild on a 68 Camaro RS with a 327. I have been very disappointed in GM and stopped purchasing them. I have rebuilt chevy carburators until I am blue in the face. I'm now a MOPAR fan and have two Dodges (95 Ram and a 2014 Challenger)

Last edited by Bordercollie; June 6th, 2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old June 6th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry to hear about the car woes. The Fisher Body Manual is easy to get. Just google it and you'll find everything from e copies to reprints to original manuals. I'd go with the original because the diagrams are better. Repros tend to have poor quality scans on the diagrams.
When your mom decides to sell, may I suggest you list it here first? And there's also a website run by one of our members called OldsmobileCentral.com that could be great for those looking for this kind of car.

Is your Challenger the SRT? That is one helluva car; my brother had one with the intention of keeping it as a 'collector' but that didn't happen. He ended up selling it and buying a 2018 Ram 1500 Top o the line club cab. Sweet ride and in that metallic black paint.
Old June 6th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, post some pictures of your cars. On most issues you can run into, one of us probably already has too.