The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM

hello everyone just testing the training wheels, i joined this site because ive been an owner and admirer of cutlass' for over 20 years, bought my first in 87 when i was 15 (70 cutlass s w,350 rocket/th 4oo trans, b&m shift kit, holly street dominator intake, carter 625 thermo,headers, and a hot cam the previous owner put in. no rust 1200 cash, where are those days long gone. 20 years later i got a 72 cutlass s 350/350 bone stock and i just picked up a 70 delta 88 royale 455/390hp that suckers goin in the 72 cutlass shes gunna rip need to save cash first for the transplant, need a-body exhust manifolds etc to do the swap, hoping to have this done over the coming winter. i also had another 72 cutlass s sold it about a year ago when i was moving. stock 350/350 but that car would smoke tires. anyway just starting full resto on this 72and figured i probably gunna have alot of questions. look forward to learning/ sharing info with other olds people.
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:25 AM

Welcome to the site! Please post some pictures when you can and it's also helpful to put your city/state in your profile. John
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Glad to have you with us. Did you handle come from the comedy routine "You can call me Johnson or you can call me J, or you can call me JK....etc"
Old June 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM

72 cutlass restoration

thank for the respose and heads up i posted my location, and ill send pics soon as i snap some they wont be pretty though im just begining restoration cars apart and rusty im preping to replace quarter panal and outer well, first time but ive had good results with floor patchs in the past and i work with metal fabrication for a living so im sure i can handle this. ive read about panal replacement but any hints tips would be appreciated,the jkjohnson is simple my initals, man if i had a quarter for every time i heard" ya dosent have to call me johnson" ha ha
Old June 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Captain of my ship

Smile Welcome

Always nice to get more Canuks on the site. Ken is in Edmonton and I am sure he will say hey somewhere along the way. there is a big following up there in northern Alberta and if you have not found them by now you should soon. have you heard of Northern Lights car club?
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM

72 cutlass

hi wolfman98, nice to hear from you, ive heard of the northernlights a friend at work and his dad are members or affiliated with them. over at his dads about 3 months ago checking out his 65 442 w interceptor package, talk about rare what a car i know theres a lot of olds stuff going on in alberta and ive played around with car for years but never attempted such a indepth restoration so finding this website is going to be valuable for help and its great being able to connect so easily with others intrested in oldsmobiles. ps nice car what is it.
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:46 PM

72 cutlass

hi wolfman98, nice to hear from you, ive heard of the northernlights a friend at work and his dad are members or affiliated with them. over at his dads about 3 months ago checking out his 65 442 w interceptor package, talk about rare what a car i know theres a lot of olds stuff going on in alberta and ive played around with car for years but never attempted such a indepth restoration so finding this website is going to be valuable for help and its great being able to connect so easily with others intrested in oldsmobiles. ps nice car what is it.
Old June 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Past Administrator

j-k welcome to CO. Sounds like you have a plan all laid out for that Cutlass! Nothing like big block torque.
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by j-k-johnson
Hi JKJ
What part of Edmonton are you in? I'm up in Castlebrook. Ken is just out in Sherwood Park. Touch base with him, (442much) he's coordinating the Rocket Roundup in Olds. It's just a few weeks from now. You might want to take it in just for the experience of meeting others with a similar passion and hobby.
Old June 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM

welcome you will soon find this site to be a hidden treasure

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have and will soon experience the family welcoming from a lot of folks here all of whom have a servants heart to help and encourage you as you go about your build......ENJOY.....
Old June 28th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Captain of my ship

Sorry I am late getting back to you. My car is a 1969 Olds 98 convertible. It came from saskatoon originally and the underneath is remarkably solid. I have been working on redoing the paint on the engine bay and motor. i have replaced all the seals and gaskets , filters timing chain and gears. I have taken pics and put them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfman98/ check it out
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:44 AM

welcome aboard, sounds like a great project. You'll have to post pictures when you start your conversion.
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
olds..older..oldest

Olds north of the border

Good to have you with us JKJ!!! Your fellow Albertan Olds freaks on this site are a smart bunch....hang with the winners. I've discovered a coven of Oldsmobiliacs here in Ontario,and get a lot of help from them,a lot of whom are CO members. Wolfman...being from S'toon myself, I never saw salt on the winter roads,so your vert SHOULD be pretty clean...now try to keep that Bluenoser salt air from eating your ride!...Derek
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Sorry I am late getting back to you. My car is a 1969 Olds 98 convertible. It came from saskatoon originally and the underneath is remarkably solid. I have been working on redoing the paint on the engine bay and motor. i have replaced all the seals and gaskets , filters timing chain and gears. I have taken pics and put them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfman98/ check it out
Wolfman, nice pics of your resto. Your upholstery looks awesome, nice contrasts with the piping. Really impressed with your attention to small details. Can't wait to see it finished. You can start a new thread with it. Cheers!
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Captain of my ship

Thanks

Thanks AllenR I hope to have it fired up in a couple more weeks. it has been in the garage toooooo loooong. It is time for cruisin